Author Topic: New default skin for v3.3 and "slim" icons  (Read 30066 times)

Steven

• Administrator
for the next 3.3 alpha i have added:
Code
IconColourOverride.Default fg=XXX
IconColourOverride.Disabled fg=XXX
IconColourOverride.Highlight fg=XXX
IconColourOverride.Highlight is used for the edit save button on mouse over, and IconColourOverride.Disabled is used on the back/forward buttons in the header

Its applied to most icons, except a few such as the rss podcast feed icon. However I am not sure how well this will work in practice as I can imagine you might not want it applied to some icons i have enabled this, so I will need feedback on icons it shouldnt be applied to

Steven

• Administrator
Includes the above icon colour override settings and I have also changed the default skin some more. I will have a look at the other requests next

https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee33_Patched.zip
unzip into the musicbee folder
run MusicBee33.exe and then choose the skin "MusicBee3Test". Delete the existing Skins\MusicBee3Test.xml skin if you installed an earlier version

Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 06:37:01 PM by Steven

alec.tron

Random chime in from the side line (as I saw a fair few newbies confused about this - and I miss it on computers where there's no dedicated hardware media keys...)... would be lovely if we could have a stop-button in the default UI ;)
Churs.
c.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Random chime in from the side line (as I saw a fair few newbies confused about this - and I miss it on computers where there's no dedicated hardware media keys...)... would be lovely if we could have a stop-button in the default UI ;)
Churs.
c.

There is a stop button, you just have to press... I forget if it's ctrl or shift to make show up
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

redwing

Churs.
c.

Right click on the player bar> Panel layout > Show Stop Button

redwing

for the next 3.3 alpha i have added:
Code
IconColourOverride.Default fg=XXX
IconColourOverride.Disabled fg=XXX
IconColourOverride.Highlight fg=XXX
IconColourOverride.Highlight is used for the edit save button on mouse over, and IconColourOverride.Disabled is used on the back/forward buttons in the header

Its applied to most icons, except a few such as the rss podcast feed icon. However I am not sure how well this will work in practice as I can imagine you might not want it applied to some icons i have enabled this, so I will need feedback on icons it shouldnt be applied to

IconColourOverride.Default works well, but the other two elements have no effect.

Code
<element id="IconColourOverride.Default" fg="120,120,120" />
<element id="IconColourOverride.Disabled" fg="200,0,0" />
<element id="IconColourOverride.Highlight" fg="0,0,200" />

<element id="SlimIcons">true</element>

I think it works fine with most icons. Try yourself with this Dark Fine Tuned skin: https://www.dropbox.com/s/77v2qfhekxeg601/Onyx33.xmlc?dl=1

redwing

BTW can you support color overrides for the 4 elements Playing/PausedIcon.Default/Highlight that will use the default icons only in a different color?

zkhcohen

Are 3.2.XX Changes being pushed to the 3.3 alpha or is it a fork?

redwing

Are 3.2.XX Changes being pushed to the 3.3 alpha or is it a fork?

It's supposed to include all changes so far.

Steven

• Administrator

IconColourOverride.Default works well, but the other two elements have no effect.

Code
<element id="IconColourOverride.Default" fg="120,120,120" />
for the back/forward buttons which is the only place i believe IconColourOverride.Disabled would be used, its getting overriden by Panel.HeaderButtonOverride.Disabled
so infact is redundant
Similarily for EditSave in the vertical tag editor which is the only place the .Highlight would be used, its also being overriden
So i will remove:

I think it works fine with most icons. Try yourself with this Dark Fine Tuned skin: https://www.dropbox.com/s/77v2qfhekxeg601/Onyx33.xmlc?dl=1
yes i agree it does appear to be working well

BTW can you support color overrides for the 4 elements Playing/PausedIcon.Default/Highlight that will use the default icons only in a different color?

Code
PlayingIconColourOverride.Default fg=XXX
PlayingIconColourOverride.Highlight fg=XXX
PausedIconColourOverride.Default fg=XXX
PausedIconColourOverride.Highlight fg=XXX
Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 07:37:07 PM by Steven

redwing

Thanks! the new elements work well.

I found one icon it shouldn't be applied - Apple Music logo in more albums tab of Music Explorer.

One more, alert icon. In some places it looks fine like in the album auto-tagger, but not in other places like in the tag manager.
Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 05:21:06 AM by redwing

Steven

• Administrator
This is what i thought would happen where more and more exceptions will keep getting found. I will look into the ones you have reported

Steven

• Administrator

Fixes the reported recoloured icons.
Also has the volume tooltip (intentionally only shows when over the volume button only or the mouse wheeled) and now automatically shows hours.
Along with some other changes such as the Expanded Panel in the artwork layout now shows artists in the same way as the Album and Tracks layout ie. no longer on a separate line.
And the mini-player visualiser for the large artwork view is now on the bottom panel rather than over the darkened album artwork.

redwing

Thanks for the improvement!

One thing I noticed is for tracks longer than 2 hours it doesn't show track duration and only shows track position. Can't it show the both?

Another issue is the slim icon setting. Are you gonna offer two default skins with it enabled and disabled? If so, I will have to offer the two versions too for the dark fine tuned skins. Or can that be a user setting?