Author Topic: Ability to set the same displayed fields in all playlists/music library  (Read 3307 times)

hentrop

It would be nice to have the ability to set all playlists (both regular and auto-playlists) as well as the main music library to show the same displayed fields and the same widths, so that everything looks the same. Maybe a button that sets all playlists to have the same displayed fields as the ones currently shown in the main music library? From what I understand, all regular playlists will have the same displayed fields as long as the setting "displayed fields:" is set to "use default" for that particular playlist. However, auto-playlists are left out of this, and I would like to make these playlists look the same as my regular playlists.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I think you can do it even with auto playlists, if you set up a custom view and apply it to everything.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

hentrop

Do you mean exporting and importing a custom panel arrangement? I tried that, and it didn't affect the displayed fields in the auto playlists.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
No, it's not the panel arrangements. It's in the same menu where you select which view you want, at the top left of the main panel. You can choose to save a custom view there.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

hentrop

Ah, ok I found it. For anyone else who's looking to do this same thing, here's a screenshot of where to go: https://flic.kr/p/28cZPxL . I saved a custom view of my main library, then applied it to the playlists I wanted to.

However, this requires doing it one playlist at a time. I have several hundred playlists, so it'd be nice to have a "Apply all" kind of button.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
However, this requires doing it one playlist at a time. I have several hundred playlists, so it'd be nice to have a "Apply all" kind of button.

Yeah, that's the main shortcoming it has.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Braciata

Hello! I had the same problem. I saved a configuration but when I go to apply for it nothing changes. Does it work also for autoplaylists?
Thank You