Author Topic: syncing or copying play lists  (Read 705 times)

Timothy W

I have been trying to set up two laptops the same. First up I have located the playlist files and copied them to a portable HD and then to the new computer. Not surprising it didn't work as the music is addressed different as it is on different partitions. I have also tried to sync the playlists to the portable HD that worked and can play them from that drive but importing the play lists from there came up as not being able to fine the track again. what is the best way to get this information transfered over.   

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
This can be solved by using the "relink music file paths" command in File / Library menu to change the files paths in the playlist.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Timothy W

Hi, I have now tried that but am still missing some steps some where, If I go to play one of the tracks in a play list I get the message (The source file for track " name" could not be found. Would you like to locate it). If I click yes, I get the drop down menu of the music library and if I go and find the track in the list and open, all is good for that track. There has to be a ease way ?