Author Topic: More Capitalise Options  (Read 2696 times)

The_Paradox

Whenever I use "Tools>Tagging Tools>Capitalise" The first letter of each word becomes UPPERCASE and the remaining LOWERCASE
Eg:
Title - chapter II becomes Chapter Ii
Artist - BLahBlah becomes  Blahblah

Is it possible to add an option like Only UPPERCASE the first letters which doesn't affect the remaining letters so it gives the result like this?
Title - chapter II becomes Chapter II
Artist - BLahBlah becomes  BLahBlah

Also could there be an option to only capitalise certain part of tags like Only Title and Album or Only Artist and not all the tags?

A hotkey for it would be also nice to make it more easier to access.
Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 02:06:24 AM by The_Paradox

phred

• Global Moderator
I understand what you're asking for but I don't see how any app or plugin can accomplish that. The key to providing First Letter Caps is that there needs to be a space character to initiate the Upper Case Letter. And in your examples, how is the program to know that Blahblah is to become BlahBlah. Same for the Chapter II example.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

The_Paradox

Quote from: phred
how is the program to know that Blahblah is to become BlahBlah.
I get it if the word is Blahblah then there is no possibility for the letters in between to become BlahBlah.

What I meant was I want BlahBlah to remain BlahBlah as it is. The first letter should only be affected. Eg if word is blahBlah then it becomes BlahBlah (Only first letter changes). No letters in between should be changed.

phred

• Global Moderator
Thanks for the further explanation. I guess this will have to remain on the wishlist for further consideration by Steven.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

redwing

See this guide for more versatile case handling: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=12347.0

Now what you requested, only changing the first letter of the first word, can be achieved by modifying the preset.

- Create a copy of "TOY: 'Change case' command - Title Case" preset (and rename it).
- Remove all words in <Custom Text 1> box and untick the box.
- Change the code for "search for" in Step 2
from
Code
^(.*)
to
Code
^(.)
BTW you will need the latest version of the plugin from the plugin thread, not from the add-on page.

A hotkey for it would be also nice to make it more easier to access.

See: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=25173.0

The_Paradox

It seems like your advice will help.

But whenever I tried to Import all the presets it says No presets were imported although there exist a folder called ASR Presets.
I have tried to create a preset manually and edit but I don't have much clue how to use it.

Additional Tagging Tools plugin was downloaded from here: For MusicBee 3.2 or later version (hope this is the right one).

The_Paradox

No, I haven't. I got it from the main website. Also tried Run as administrator but it's the same.

Anyway, it's not much of an issue except it bothers me when it comes to Roman numerals.
I guess I'll have to use Mp3tag for now.   :-X

The hotkey Tagging tools: Change Case for the plugin has been set now. But couldn't still find find for the default one i.e Capitalise. I think it's not there.