Author Topic: Left main panel search typing does not match string  (Read 984 times)

bierdc

I apologize if this has been covered a hundred times by now. It's not an easy thing to search for.

A consistent problem that I've been having is that when I'm in the artist navigation pane (left main panel), if I want to jump to a specific artist, I'll start typing the band's name and it ALWAYS goes just 1 item too far (assuming I've typed more than 1 character).

In the image, I typed R-U-S-H and it highlighted Russ Ballard instead. It performs the same way if I just type R-U-S.
Say I want to listen to Pink. I type P-I-N-K, and it skips over Pink and highlights Pink Floyd. If I want to listen to Pink Floyd, I type P-I-N-K-_-F and it highlights Pixies. If I want to listen to Al Green, I type A-L and it jumps to Al Stewart.

Interestingly, when I'm in my Genre tab, which uses the left main panel for my genres, it does not behave this way. If I want to jump to classic metal, typing C-L-A-S-S-I-C stops it at Classic Country (which is my first entry using the string "classic").

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. While writing this, I decided to test if the main panel behaves this way when showing all artists.. to my surprise, it does not. Typing R-U takes me to my first song by Rush. I'm happy to find this, but I'd still like to know if there's a solution to my problem above.