Author Topic: Tweaking Compact Mode Layout  (Read 1315 times)

LDGEB

I really like the Compact Mode, tried a few Theater skin but it just doesn't do it justice. There is few issue that I don't like about the compact mode layout, it available in other setting but not for my setup.

What I want to ask is, where file/skin/software do I need to use to make the following changes.

My image is set out as follow: (1) My Compact mode setting and (2) What I'm planning to modified and changed. I want the Lyric to be longer width and possibly multiple lines (currently it only 1 lines). I want to the Track listing to show 4-5 track instead of 2.5 track.

I want to move some of the stuff down so it allow for that new space. I know that this might be out of most people knowledge to do but any information would help.

Thank you.

https://imgur.com/a/4bwRVJw
Relative artworks location.

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
I really like the Compact Mode, tried a few Theater skin but it just doesn't do it justice.
I want to move some of the stuff down so it allow for that new space. I know that this might be out of most people knowledge to do but any information would help.

I'd wager a LOT of hard work has gone into making Compact Mode as slick as it is, also any changes may not gel well with the current users.
With that in mind - if you can handle a bit of XML code yourself, you can tweak existing Theatre Mode's and arrange the layout to appear exactly as per your requirements. I have had great success with this approach, I'm old and in no way a coder or programmer.
Plenty of knowledgeable help on the Forum..
I started with the original XBOX version. DROPBOX LINK HERE

Regards: Freddy

[Version Oct 2018]
Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 12:39:01 PM by Freddy Barker

LDGEB

Thanks Freddy, of course not, I will be making the change for personal use only. If it good enough I might upload it for 1-2 people who is interested in using it to use.

However your XBOX version seem pretty good already. I might just stick to it and be lazy. Would you happen to know where the is Compact mode XML file is stored?

At best I just start out by increasing the Height px number and go from there.
Relative artworks location.

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
Would you happen to know where the is Compact mode XML file is stored?

I don't think the compact mode XML is accessible or configurable, hence my using a very similar looking version using the modified Theatre Mode.
Would be interesting to see what you come up with if you attempt your own TM...
Freddy
Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 10:15:23 AM by Freddy Barker