Author Topic: MusicBee as default App  (Read 4939 times)

userld

Just found MusicBee and so far after trying several others it's definitely my favorite music player so far. The only thing is when you look in the Windows Default list of Apps to set this as my music default player, Musicbee is not listed. It lists Groove Music, VLC, 5K, Windows Media Player and PotPlayer but no BEE!

I want MusicBee to be my default player for my CD's and music files. Any suggestions? Thanks..

Peace,
LD

Any chance the will be a Video Player coming VideoBee??

Coogan

You could locate any Mp3 file and right click on it.
Select 'Open With' and scroll down through your options.  
Click on 'Choose Another App'.  From there you can select MusicBee from it's installation location.
Don't forget to click the box that says 'Always use this App'.

Now after you've done all that, you should be able to go into Windows settings just like you did originally. MusicBee will now
be in the list of programs, along with Groove Music and all.

Good luck.
My MusicBee Version:

phred

• Global Moderator
Preferences > General > file types > place a check in the "enable MB in Windows Explorer and context menus" and also select any/all file types for which you want MB to open.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

userld

Yeah I had tried that and MusicBee was no where to be found so I dug a little deeper to the "Find More Apps" and then searched for the musicbee.exe file and YEAH... It's working now and MB appears in the file association lists.

Thanks,
LD