Author Topic: 3 questions from a just hatched drone  (Read 1230 times)

BeesDrone

Hello,

I'm using MusicBee just a few days now and getting more and more familiar with this fantastic player. Unfotunately there are three questions I couldn't figure out until now.

As with some forum postings I understand that I have to to decide if I want to have cover art for albums coming from folder.jpg or embedded graphics. I have some albums (organized in separate folders) with folder.jpg for the folder/album and embedded covers for the tracks. If I choose MusicBee to use folder.jpg as first priority it is no longer showing the embedded covers while playing the tracks. Is it possible to have both?

Because my music library (MP3) was tagged for using HTPC/MediaCenter/MediaPlayer it uses the comma to split multiple entries at the artists-field. I read in the Wiki that MusicBee uses the semicolon as default. Is this changeable?

The visualization menu is showing a lot of plug-ins from my MediaPlayer installation. Most of the plug-ins are not working or crashing MusicBee. Is it possible to remove them from the menu or hide the MediaPlayer plug-ins in general?

Hope someone finds time to give me some hints. I'm a little bit lost in configuration somehow.  ;)

Best regards,

Norbert

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

To see embedded covers when they're available, just make embedded higher in your list of artwork sources than folder.jpg

To switch from commas to semicolons, you can do a simple search and replace in the artist field (look in the tools menu). You might find it helpful to make a playlist of all tracks with commas in the artist field, so you can weed out things like Blood, Sweat, and Tears before you do the replacement. Once you've done the change, rescan everything affected so that MusicBee will process the split artists.

I'm no help with the visualizers, sorry.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

sveakul

The visualization menu is showing a lot of plug-ins from my MediaPlayer installation. Most of the plug-ins are not working or crashing MusicBee. Is it possible to remove them from the menu or hide the MediaPlayer plug-ins in general?

If you're talking about Visualizer plugins in the MusicBee View/Visualiser menu, they consist of the "included" ones, which are the *.dll's in the MusicBee "BBplugin" subfolder, and whatever vis_* plugins you have placed in the "Plugins" sunfolder.  I'm not sure why it would also show plugins from your "MediaPlayer" as well unless those have been imported into MusicBee.

BeesDrone

To switch from commas to semicolons, you can do a simple search and replace in the artist field (look in the tools menu).

Hello,

thank you for your quick reply! I'm still using the same music library with several other devices. Before I change the ID3-Tags again I have to be sure that everyone is comfortable with semicolons. I had no problems with commas until now. So MusicBee understands semicolons only?

BeesDrone

If you're talking about Visualizer plugins in the MusicBee View/Visualiser menu, they consist of the "included" ones, which are the *.dll's in the MusicBee "BBplugin" subfolder, and whatever vis_* plugins you have placed in the "Plugins" sunfolder.  I'm not sure why it would also show plugins from your "MediaPlayer" as well unless those have been imported into MusicBee.

This is the visualization menu of MusicBee (left pane) and the contents of the two folders you mentioned.

If I choose AlbumArt3D for example, MusicBee crashes immediately. The plug-ins are in the menu of the store version too, I tried them both. My current desktop version is 3.2.6818.
Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 09:51:02 AM by BeesDrone

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Before I change the ID3-Tags again I have to be sure that everyone is comfortable with semicolons. I had no problems with commas until now. So MusicBee understands semicolons only?

Yes, semicolons only. In fact, for multiple artist values the semicolon is just a representative character that doesn't actually exist in the file. If you're seeing the commas used by the other software, it is not creating true multiple artists, it is creating a single artist tag containing multiple artist names. MusicBee's multiple artists will be understood by any software that handles multiple artists according to the ID3 standards.

I suggest testing with a few files, maybe even some duplicates, to see what happens with your other devices.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)