Author Topic: Playlist transfer to Pioneer XDP 02U  (Read 2875 times)

Gdw

I am having issues transferring playlists from MusicBee to my Pioneer XDP 02u.  The mp3 files and playlist files transfer to the device, but I get an error message from the device when I then try to access the playlist through the device.  The XDAP Link software that came with the device does successfully transfer playlists made within the XDAP Link software and they play on the device.  Any suggestions?

phred

• Global Moderator
- What does the error message say?
- What playlist format does the device accept?
- Are you exporting the playlists in that format?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Gdw

When I turn on the device and go to the library, playlists, and hit "import playlist file" the playlist I have transferred shows up for import (an m3u file).  I then hit that playlist, , reply yes to "import playlist file?"  It says "now processing" and then "an error occurred."

The device accepts, and runs, M3u playlists from the XDAP-Link software.  The instructions also say it accepts m3u, m3u8, pls, and wpl. 

I have tried exporting the playlists in M3u, and M3u8.  The device runs M3u files from XDAP-Link, but not from MusicBee. 

Gdw

Ok, there is a klutzy workaround.  Create playlist in MusicBee, with no more than 2000 songs, then export those to the Media Go folder of X-DAP.  Then restart X-DAP, and the playlists will show up under the Media Go drop down.  These can then be loaded, with their songs, into the XDP-02U.  Limit of 2000 songs in a playlist run by the XDP, and limit of 10,000 songs in the X-DAP software.  Yuck.  Anyone know of a better way?

phred

• Global Moderator
When I turn on the device and go to the library, playlists, and hit "import playlist file" the playlist I have transferred shows up for import (an m3u file).  I then hit that playlist, , reply yes to "import playlist file?"  It says "now processing" and then "an error occurred."
Perhaps I'm misunderstanding, but it sounds like you're trying to -import- while using the device. If that's correct, have you tried syncing from within MB? No need to export anything as when you setup the sync you can configure what to sync and what format to sync.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Gdw

For the device, once disconnected from the PC you turn it on, go to it's playlist tab, and you have to "import" the playlist into it's system.  Manual at https://intl.pioneer-audiovisual.com/manuals/docs/xdp_XDP-20_XDP-02U_usermanual.pdf#page36

I have tried syncing from within MB, both using the sync function and the function of sending a playlist to the device while in the playlist tab.  Can not get those playlists that I syne or send through MB to be accepted by the device.

phred

• Global Moderator
I'm out of ideas.

Unless someone else has some suggestions, you're out of luck and might have to use another app. Or continue with your workaround.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

kappa.my

I've installed MusicBee last weekend and had the same problem with my XDP-02u. But I've found a solution:

You need to export a playlist in MusicBee using the the M3U8-format. Export your playlist to a folder called "Playlists" on your device (in my case this folder is on sd1 (= the first sd-card in the device) using relative pathnames.

After the export: Open the m3u8-file in the exported folder (= "Playlists") in a text editor. Insert the following line as the first line in the file:
Code
#EXTM3U
Below this line there will be the entries of the playlist.

Disconnect the XDP-02u from the USB port and go to Playlist -> Import Playlist (on the device).

If the first line of a playlist is the string #EXTM3U, the device will import the playlist without the error.