Author Topic: Winamp output plugin not working + How to remove imported plugins?  (Read 2114 times)

Erecshyrinol

Hi,

Not that big an issue, but here goes.

TL;DR:
Imported Winamp output plugin doesn't work, complains of supposedly not installed msvcr90.dll - what gives?
How can I remove output plugins added with the "import Winamp output plugin" option?

Just for the heck of it decided to give some Winamp's (5.666, build 3516) output plugins a go in Musicbee, since they're reportedly supported. So, as instructed, I fired up MB as administrator, went to options and chose "import Winamp output plugin", pointed it to the out_ds.dll file in Winamp's plugin folder. Entry named "Winamp" pops up in the output selection menu, but on selecting it and selecting "configure" it just gave a error message (Windows' own, judging from the appearance of the window) about msvcr90.dll supposedly not being installed, even though that appears to be present in both Musicbee's and Winamp's folders. After closing that error message, I got Musicbee's own error message window with the following error:

MusicBee v3.1.6590.32668 (Win6.1), 2 syys 2018 4:03:

#=z7bsY9wclCEei31a753Y1Npw=: Unable to initialise sound device
   at #=zMQk9rtxENNIcesAs4oiJU6w=.#=zp3Y60UYMX5onM8bbdg==(#=zMtJRBf3zzo2sOeyHEepvpcUUaXjK #=zqhjSlUw=, String #=zeFB7ZzcQI11mhxeimg==, #=zqfVqdK_rx3LQj1rVhw== #=z47ONr2G6HDByg4Jz_w==, Int32 #=z7sED720KhH02, String #=zpnJ0CeI=, IntPtr #=zCyqPVpU=)
   at #=zAZhlsR6$z$Y5HsVDWkrg1lG87IMG.#=z2k5HbRs=()
   at #=z0IN1sYiwdZhP3CjO4Rsn$zw=.#=zxKbQ$Q1peQxt()

What could be the issue there? I also tried copying that Winamp plugin file directly to Musibee's plugin folder, which caused a second entry titled "Winamp" to appear in the output options drop menu, but that doesn't work either, giving the same errors when trying to enable & configure.

Also, how can I now get rid of that unusable "Winamp" entry from the output menu? The copy-pasted plugin entry went away with ust removing that plugin file from Musicbee's plugin folder, but the first one added with the import plugin option just stays there. Cut-pasting that .dll away from the Winamp install folder (considering it was imported by pointing to that file located there) doesn't have any effect on this, either. Not that the presence of that extra plugin entry matters that much, but it's pointless to have hanging around there since it refuses to work.

Thanks!