Author Topic: DSD64 on DoP mode - Asio Devialet driver  (Read 1342 times)

Manu Muñoz

I have recently purchased a Devialet Pro 140, and have been using it with a demo of JRiver, it works and sounds really well.
I discovered a few days ado MusicBee.
Its UI is really much more pleasant than any other software that I have reviewed during these days, but I have encountered a problem.

After installing MusicBee 3.2. Update 1 and the Asio driver from Devialet, I selected DSD on DoP mode, and could play the DSD64 files perfectly. But after a few hours listening to DSD64 and FLAC files, when I went back to a DSD64 file, I could no longer hear it, instead of the music I heard a white noise, I uninstalled and reinstalled MusicBee, the same with the Asio driver from Devialet , and there is no way. I just managed to hear it again, after doing a new installation of Windows 10. But after a few hours it happened again. I think it was after trying to listen to a DSD128 file, Devialet does not accept these files.
Now the only way I can listen to DSD64 files is if in the player configuration, I select the Devialet Asio Driver, but convert DSD to PCM, not DSD in DoP mode.
I am using a Laptop connected to the Devialet wit an USB cable.
Has anyone found with the same problem?
thanks for your comments

Manu Muñoz

This has happened again several times and only playing DSD64 files, not even trying to play even only once a DSD128 file, thinking that maybe the reason is that the Devialet Pro 140 only suports DSD on DoP mode up to DSD64, and that maybe trying to play DSD128 corrupts the Laptop operative system (Windows 10).
We nos has happened several times playin DSD64 files on DoP model, with the last version of the Devialet Asio Driver. The only way I have found to enable the laptop to play again DSD64 files in DoP in making a new clean installation of Windows 10.
This do not happens with JRiver. Now I am playing ny DS64 files with Jriver but I prefer the interface of MusicBee