Author Topic: 3-digit list-copy prefix  (Read 986 times)

tanstaafl

I use MusicBee to load up USB sticks to play in my car. I use 254-song playlists (because that's the most files that can be in one folder for the car player). I use Send-To->Folder (Copy) to put the the playlist output into the folder on the USB stick. MusicBee uses a 2-digit prefix for the first 99 files, then a 3-digit prefix after. Unfortunately the player in the car is stupid and it plays then in direct alphabetical order:

01-xxx
09-xxx
10-xxx
100-xxx
109-xxx
11-xxx
110-xxx
119-xxx
12-xx
120-xxx

This is just a little aesthetic thing, but since the player ALSO shows track N/254, and it's N doesn't match the file prefix, it triggers my OCD-ish instincts.

If you could make the prefix always be 3 digits when more than 100 files are being copied it would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

phred

• Global Moderator
Preferences > Tags (2) > Fields (Configure Fields) > Formatting > disc-track# format

HOWEVER!!! In a few places, MB seems to sort numbers by ASCII instead of true numerical. So you're changing the formatting may still not do what you wish.
Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 01:31:57 AM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

tanstaafl

Preferences > Tags (2) > Fields (Configure Fields) > Formatting > disc-track# format

HOWEVER!!! In a few places, MB seems to sorts numbers by ASCII instead of true numerical. So you're changing the formatting may still not do what you wish.
No, that's not what I'm after. It's isn't the field format that's an issue. The issue is the prefix number that MusicBee puts in front of the copied files when you tell it to save a list into a folder.

For example, if I have an EP with 3 tracks, with a file name of "disc-track# - title", my base files are:

01-01 - song1
01-02 - song2
01-03 - song3

If I then do MusicBee's Send-To->Folder (Copy) command, the files in the destination folder are:

01-01-01 - song1
02-01-02 - song2
03-01-03 - song3

It's that number that MusicBee prefixes the file name with that I'm asking be made 3 digits when the number of files being copied is 100 or more.