Author Topic: Scrolling in mini-player  (Read 4474 times)

aidanw

Small little minor UI request - could the text of the song artist & title scroll like a marquee in the mini-player?

Then the the mini-player could be smaller rather than having it wide so the title fits in the box.

Thanks!

Steven

• Administrator
it should already be scrolling (unless disabled in the Now Playing preferences). i just tried now and its ok for me. Perhaps you have something that is very near the boundary for scrolling

aidanw

Ah - I had "scroll in player" unticked, as I assumed that didn't apply to mini-player. I should've read the wiki or something first... Cheers!

aidanw

Hi Steven,

I notice the scrolling stops and isn't continuous through the song. Could it still scroll during the song?

The reason is that often you're listening to a song on an album and think "Oh this is good, what song is it again?" but because the scrolling has stopped you have to find some way to get the song title (hover over tray icon; maximise MB; etc).

I think continuous scrolling is bad: visual noise; extra processing (however small) drain for laptops; no need
So, how about "Scroll on demand" - if you hover anywhere over the mini-player it starts scrolling?

Just a suggestion :D

VX

I think continuous scrolling is bad: visual noise; extra processing (however small) drain for laptops; no need
So, how about "Scroll on demand" - if you hover anywhere over the mini-player it starts scrolling?

Very useful idea  :)

+1

BTW, scrolling options for the Mini Player View should be configurable via Right-Click menu on the mini player as it seems expected and logical solution (unfortunately, there is no such entry in the menu).
Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 02:57:11 PM by VX

Steven

• Administrator
i've implemented this for the main player and mini-player where a single click on the text will toggle scrolling on/off from its current state

VX

I suggest to add two useful options in Now Playing Preferences:

1. Option to add a slider to adjust Auto-Scroll display text speed;

2.  Option to set queue next/last as default action for assigned audio files (very useful taking into consideration the way how some users are used to create their playlists).