Author Topic: Subtitles/Subgrouping  (Read 2935 times)

alj.zak

Hey there guys. I want to add subtitles to my albums but even after looking for hours I still haven't been able to figure it out. If you can help me please explain as much as you can because I'm having a really hard time. Thanks. I uploaded 2 images. The first is How I want it to look and the second is mine. Thanks.

jippijip

Sure. What sort of subtitles are you after? You achieve this effect by using the sub-grouping header. If you go to Arrange Panels -> Main Panel -> Files, and click the [...] button, you should come to a screen that looks like this:

If you click on "Show Settings", which I've circled in the picture, you'll come to a field for Sub-Grouping header. If you set this for all the tracks in the album depending on what grouping you want them to be in, they'll be separated like in the first picture!

The tedious part is defining each sub-grouping, but that's a matter of personal taste. I'm happy to help with that as well if you need it.

alj.zak

Hey man. Thank you very much. It's still kinda complicated but I'll just set the disc# and type in the name of the album subtitle and leave the ones that don't blank. Again thank you for your help.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
If it helps, there's a whole guide for the subgrouping header: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=11990.0
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

alj.zak

That's exactly the one I saw that I can add subtitles. I asked here because I didn't understand that one very clearly.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Ah, gotcha. Bee-liever will probably see this, but if you post in that thread three certain to (I'd be surprised if he doesn't get notifications from it).
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
That's exactly the one I saw that I can add subtitles. I asked here because I didn't understand that one very clearly.
Have you been able to work it out?
Give a shout if you still need a hand.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together