Author Topic: Option for WYSIWYG play order instead of a weird internal ordering  (Read 1312 times)

oxysoft

Even today in 2018, MusicBee's play order system causes issues and is absolutely nonsensical in my opinion. Please, add an option to make it 'sane'. E.g. when a song ends, play the song that is directly after it visually. I don't want any weird internal numbering/ordering system. If I sort the list through one of the columns, then it should play whatever follows the current song according to this new ordering!! When I add multiple albums to the 'Now playing' playlist, it often jumps unexpectedly to the next album or the last song in the playlist for no reason, even though the # column is fully sequential. Please add an option to make it play whatever directly follows the current song, without any weird underlaying ordering, I shouldn't have to right click and select "Update playlist order". The apparent ordering of a playlist should be directly linked to its play order. If not, then at least having an option for this would be good since every music player in existence works in this manner, except for MusicBee. In other words, I want simple What-You-See-Is-What-You-Get (WYSIWYG) ordering. It should play top to bottom just as it appears visually.

The play order system is really my only gripe with this software as it seems over-complicated and error prone. MusicBee is straight up the best music player I've ever used, but its ordering system continues to infuriate me to no end.
Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 04:10:09 PM by oxysoft

phred

• Global Moderator
Is it possible you have shuffling on?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
You probably have "playback follows cursor" enabled in the Player preferences

oxysoft

You probably have "playback follows cursor" enabled in the Player preferences

Holy shit that's what this thing does, that must absolutely be it, thank you so much. However I still think WYSIWYG ordering would be a nice thing to add for future versions.