Author Topic: Request: 432 hz tuning (automatically)  (Read 7097 times)

swedishme

Its getting more and more popular with 432 hz tuning, specially with meditation music. Most are in 440hz. So the question is this, is it possible to do a plugin that can automaticly "auto tune" the songs that are played?

There is a little bit more about it:

https://www.roelhollander.eu/en/432-tuning/432-music-players/
http://recreatingbalance1.blogspot.com/2014/09/how-to-easily-convert-any-music-to.html

Steven

• Administrator
The BASS plugin MB uses has access to the same Soundtouch library that the foobar plugin uses, so it would be possible. I will add something for v3.3

frankz

Can you give a brief summary of what this does and why one would use it?

swedishme

Can you give a brief summary of what this does and why one would use it?

Its mostly popular by meditation music. It says it is the ultimate tuning. Some says it can heal you and others says its cause its what the universe is made by, and the rest says its b*shit. I do suffer off headace and have problems listening to music for a long time, but didn't get that at a friends place, I thought it was the speakers or something but when I asked she told me she used a 432 Hz player on her phone. I did try it and I can listen to more music without having headace. Wierd, but it worked for me.

colorizing1

sveakul

The BASS plugin MB uses has access to the same Soundtouch library that the foobar plugin uses, so it would be possible. I will add something for v3.3

@Steven:  is this addition still on the drawing board for 3.3x?  Just curious!

phred

• Global Moderator
@Steven:  is this addition still on the drawing board for 3.3x?  Just curious!
While Steven hasn't said it, I would think at this point he's only doing bug-fixes for 3.3. I know that he is working on 3.4, so if this is going to be added, it would probably be in the 3.4 series.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
this is done for v3.4, with sample rate and pitch adjustments now supported

sveakul

Thanks for the info Steven, this will be interesting to "play" with.  I'm always open to a testable new idea (i.e. swedishme's remarks), and then drawing my own conclusions.

For anyone's interest, that tuning pitch (432hz) is done by doing pitch adjust to -0.32 (exact -0.3176) in semitones, -31.766 in cents.  Alternately, the same effect is claimed by doing a  playback rate (NOT tempo) adjust of -1.82%  (exact is -1.818%), or .98182 X, depending on what scale is provided.  I tried the pitch method in another player but it resulted in noticeable audio "artifacts" so the testing ended, ahem, immediately;  that player however did not use the BASS libraries.

francoteves

Hello friends. I read this thread but I can't figure out how to finetune (in cents, not by halftones) the audio. Could somebody explain to me please? Thank you

phred

• Global Moderator
Hello friends. I read this thread but I can't figure out how to finetune (in cents, not by halftones) the audio. Could somebody explain to me please? Thank you
The first thing youi would need is version 3.4 which is currently in alpha state. Steve occasionally posts links to the 'current' alpha, so just keep an eye on this thread and it should show up. If you don't see it in a week or so, feel free to 'bump' the thread.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

sveakul

A heads up:  both Pitch and Sample Rate (aka Playback Rate) have now been implemented in MusicBee 3.4.7491 beta, available from the first thread in the Forum.  Their control interface is built within the "Tempo Control" GUI selectable from the Prefs/Player/Equaliser & DSP/DSP Plugins box.  See my related post here: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=32148.0 .

For those interested in the 432Hz effect, testing with Pitch set at -.32 so far has not resulted in the annoying artifacts this presented in an alternative player.  I am using bass_fx.dll version 2.4.12.5 as opposed to the supplied 2.4.12.1 to take advantage of the latest SoundTouch version (see https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=25133.msg171720#msg171720 ).

@Steven:  it might be better if the plugin was renamed to "Tempo/Pitch/SampleRate" in order to make its content more evident to newcomers when seeing it listed in the DSP Plugins box.
Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 08:43:56 PM by sveakul

hiccup

For those interested in the 432Hz effect,

What I am most curious about; has it brought you any change in music enjoyment?