Author Topic: Can Someone Remind Me How To Change The Lyrics Font In Now Playing  (Read 3317 times)

frankz

So in Now Playing I have my lyrics off to the right side.  I know I changed the font on these previously - made it bold.  I'm setting up a HTPC and making everything bigger on that install so I can read the screen from the couch, but I can't for the life of me remember how I set the font for those lyrics.  I've looked everywhere I can think of.  

If I use the drop down on the panel and select Customize Panel, it goes to Preferences->Layout(1) but there's no option there for this.

If I go to "Arrange Panels" from Layout(1) it's not there.

If I click the Configure Layout -> Arrange Panels from next to the search box, it's there, ("Now playing sidebar: Lyrics"), but it says "Panel Settings" and then if I click "..." it goes to Layout(1)  - the same place as the drop down did - with no option to adjust this element.

Am I going crazy?  What am I missing?

sveakul

Hi frankz!  here is where it is:

1.  Drop Now Playing menu and choose "Customize Panel"

2.  On the Layout Config, see "Lyrics" under the "Right Sidebar" settings, choose "Custom Font" and go from there!

frankz

Weird.  I have a totally different screen there:

For reference, here's my Now Playing layout -

...and here's what comes up when I select that menu option -

What on earth did I do?

EDIT: Nevermind - I found out what was happening.  I switched the top from "Playing Tracks" to "Album Color Mix" and then the Menu looked like your menu and "Customize Panel" had the choices your dialog box has.

IMO I should get the same options whatever I select for "Now Playing."  I don't get why all the options aren't available if "Playing Tracks" is selected but are fully available under other options.
Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 04:35:36 AM by frankz

sveakul

frankz:  agreed that the same options should be available for any Now Playing view choice.  Once changing the lyrics font in the alternate view, did they keep the changed font when you switched back to your original Playing Tracks view of Now Playing?

frankz

frankz:  agreed that the same options should be available for any Now Playing view choice.  Once changing the lyrics font in the alternate view, did they keep the changed font when you switched back to your original Playing Tracks view of Now Playing?
The HTPC is off so I didn't change it there yet, but I will let you know.  I assume it will, as this is how I originally changed the font on the lyrics panel on my desktop computer when I first started on MB (before switching to "Playing Tracks").

Steven

• Administrator
yes i agree not all settings are available from the Playlists and Upcoming Tracks view in the Now Playing panel and will look into it for v3.3

frankz

frankz:  agreed that the same options should be available for any Now Playing view choice.  Once changing the lyrics font in the alternate view, did they keep the changed font when you switched back to your original Playing Tracks view of Now Playing?
Yes, the setting holds when I switch back to playing tracks.
yes i agree not all settings are available from the Playlists and Upcoming Tracks view in the Now Playing panel and will look into it for v3.3
That would be great. Glad I found a work around but I'm sure I'll forget it in 6 months and probably ask again.

frankz

FYI The option to change the lyrics font from the Playing Tracks screen is still absent in 3.3.6909.

Steven

• Administrator
FYI The option to change the lyrics font from the Playing Tracks screen is still absent in 3.3.6909.
thats odd - the setting is accessible for me from the playing tracks panel and it works fine when changing it. Would you mind posting a screenshot so i can see your layout?

frankz

My layout is the same as shown above except I added an artist picture above the lyrics.

On Playing Tracks, when I click "Arrange Panels" I get this.

Then, when I click "Panel Settings" next to lyrics it goes to this with no option to edit the font or track details.

When I'm in Large Album on Now Playing, clicking Arrange Panels goes right to this.

Then I edit as necessary and switch back to Playing Tracks.

This is on 3.3.7190

Steven

• Administrator
ok, if you dont have lyrics anywhere in the music tab layout (even hidden is ok), then yes I get the behavior you describe.
I dont think its an easy thing to address though

frankz

I don't mind the extra step now that I know how to get there.  This is not a huge issue for me.  I just thought it was related to what the other poster was seeing and linked him here, but I guess he has a different unrelated issue.