Author Topic: Bitdepth information don't display some album  (Read 1244 times)

forst

Hello all,

I make a custom track properties in panel right , i added a field <BitDepth> to display bit depth.

but he doesn't display some album ,  album bjork display 24 bit and sting album display empty.

I use foobar to verify, this  always display bitdepth  all my album .

Maybe a bug,  have you the same problem that me ?

regards

sveakul

Bit Depth will only display in cases of lossless files (excluding streams) like FLAC, APE, etc.  For lossy files like MP3, OPUS, etc. it will return "unknown" because lossy files do not have a fixed bit depth.   If you want, you can make another value appear in the latter case by checking out the code in redwing's post here: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=24661.msg143556#msg143556

If some of your lossless files were present in older versions of MusicBee and haven't been re-scanned since then, you'll need to rescan them for the bit depth to show up.

forst

All my album is lossless files (with Flac ) and some don't display the bitdepth ,  The software Foobar2000 can show the Bitdepth of all my album.

example : two album bjork 'Utopia'  and sting '56th' , flac , hires 24 bits /96 Khz  .   Bjork information display 24 bits but no on sting album .

sveakul

Are you talking about ALL the FLAC tracks of certain albums not showing the bit depth, or just certain tracks?  Find a track that isn't displaying bit depth, right-click on it, and choose "Send To: File Rescan";  after doing so and playing the file again, does it show bit depth?  If not, can you post one of the files that should show 24-bit on an upload site somewhere so we can test to see what the problem might be?

It would also help to see the code tag line you are using in Track Information to show bit depth.  Also, please confirm that you are using the latest version of MusicBee (3.2.6804+).

forst

Yes all the flac track.

But you give me the solution  :)  I use "Send To: File Rescan" of one track and the bitdepth display.   But why ?

How rescan all album my library ?

sveakul

Hi forst:  glad the problem has been identified and solved!  When the version of MusicBee came out that included support for bit depth display, the caveat was anything you had in your library previous to that version would need to be rescanned to show that information, although anything that you added to your library AFTER that update would have been scanned like any newly added item and have shown the bit depth.

To re-scan your entire library so you catch every file, drop the MusicBee file menu (the inverted "arrow" to the right of the "MusicBee" logo in the upper left corner of the application), and choose Tools-->Advanced-->Rescan All Files.
Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 09:58:13 PM by sveakul