Author Topic: Disable mouse hiding in theater mode  (Read 1469 times)

Slippy

Currently while using theater mode, the cursor occasionally starts going behind both theater mode & music bee.
Sometimes it'll go solely behind musicbee, and I can move it over theatermode to get it to reappear over the musicbee interface, however most of the time it hides behind everything so I'm left having to restart the program.

Is it possible to disable mouse-hiding all-together?

Steven

• Administrator
The mouse will hide after 20 seconds on non-movement over the theatremode panel.
If you move the mouse out of the panel or move the mouse it will instantly re-appear so i am not sure why you think its a problem.

I am however open to having the hide behaviour happen for full screen only but i will wait for any comments from others on that

Slippy

The problem is not that the cursor is invisible, it's that a big chunk of the time it hides behind theater mode & goes invisible when over music bee, and I can't get it to re-appear without restarting.

Sometimes the cursor will reappear above musicbee as intended, however I find this happens a lot less than it hiding all together. The end result is having to navigate musicbee (And theater mode) without a cursor (Though still able to click/interact with things)

I'm using fullscreen mode on my second monitor, with music bee itself on my main monitor.

I'd like to find a way of completely disabling any sort of mouse-hiding, is this currently possible?

Edit - I'm not even sure what's causing this. I just had theater mode open, and was messing with tags in musicbee and the cursor just vanished while I was moving it. This time I was able to bring the cursor over theater mode to have it re-appear, but the usual issue is that I can't get it to reappear as it falls behind even theater.
Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 12:30:59 PM by Slippy

Steven

• Administrator
I am not sure what is going on in your case but i think it should be ok for everyone if it only hides the cursor when there is one screen and the theatremode plugin is in full screen mode

http://www.mediafire.com/file/1y7nf3o77ik31y5/mb_TheaterModePlugin.zip
unzip and replace the existing file in the plugins folder

Slippy

Thank you so very much, this has solved my issue perfectly!

redwing

Open any TM view in full screen mode> wait until the cursor gets hidden> press ESC key to return to the main window, then the cursor becomes invisible which requires a restart to fix it.

If you move the mouse and show the cursor again before pressing ESC key, then the cursor keeps showing on the main window.

Steven

• Administrator

redwing

Thanks! But it has a new issue. If you open a TM view second time during the same session, the cursor no longer gets hidden.

Steven

• Administrator