Author Topic: Playlists Disappeared  (Read 766 times)

BusterKAISER

I used to manually sort my files, but recently I have taken use of MusicBee's auto-organization system and have been appreciating it immensely. However during a recent change of settings for my library right after I swapped to this method, MusicBee seems to have completed deleted all of my playlists for reasons I have yet to be able to determine, and now my only backups use all the previous filepaths. Using MusicBee's locate missing files returns no results on Auto-match, and as I have many long playlists, I was wondering if there was a quick way anyone knew of to help put my playlists back in order.

Steven

• Administrator
I doubt MB would delete playlists by itself. They are located in the "Playlists" subfolder of your musicbee library folder eg.
C:\Users\<your id>\Music\MusicBee\Playlists
if the playlists were deleted, they would be in the windows recycle bin

BusterKAISER

As I said I do not know what caused it, it was more likely than not my own incompetence, but the fact remains that they are no longer present on my drive or in my recycle bin as I have already checked repeatedly. I am only looking to quickly rebuild them as I have given up on restoring them, as even my Windows restore point was before the switch.

Steven

• Administrator
if you dont have any backups or had them configured to export copies then there is a playlist cache file in the root musicbee music folder called: "MusicBeeLibrary.pfidx"
its probably been reset by now but if it still has content, you could open it with an editor like Notepad++
Its not a user friendly format but you could manually salvage something from it

BusterKAISER

I appreciate the help, but they have unfortunately already been reset. I am primarily looking for a route to expedite the process of refinding the songs that are listed in the playlists in MB again, instead of selecting the missing files one by one or album by album. It seems however that that's just what I will have to do.

The Incredible Boom Boom

I appreciate the help, but they have unfortunately already been reset. I am primarily looking for a route to expedite the process of refinding the songs that are listed in the playlists in MB again, instead of selecting the missing files one by one or album by album. It seems however that that's just what I will have to do.

This is probably too late, but - depending on the changes you made - you might have more luck manually editing your playlists (as text files) and using a Find and Replace tool.