Author Topic: 30 seconds only - of some songs are playing  (Read 2516 times)

Inigme

I have all my CDs copied into FLAC on my computer.  Just got a new spanking Win 10 computer, so I installed MB and moved them all over yesterday and now many songs are only playing 30 seconds instead of the whole songs? 

The correct track length displays but only 30 seconds will play.                    For Example:      0:29/5:17

:'(

frankz

Do you have this installed?

http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Track_Previewer

If so, turn it off.

Did you create a new library or use your old one.  If you used your old one, try rescanning.

Is there anything informative in Help->Support->View Error Log?

What version of MB?

Inigme

This newer version of MB is taking samples from iTunes store... That is why I was only getting samples... well it is nice to see they are making money now.

Thanks for attempting to help me troubleshoot.  I never had the itunes pop ups within the player till now. My bad for not seeing the marketing laid on top trying to make me spending monkey :)

For anyone who is facing the same problem.  Be very careful the itunes marketing is not showing when you press play.

phred

• Global Moderator
This newer version of MB is taking samples from iTunes store
Can you elaborate on this? You're saying that MB is connecting to iTunes Store and playing 30 second samples? How do you know this is true? Can you post a screenshot of what you're seeing that says iTunes?

As far as I know MB only connects to iTunes Store when searching for artwork. And even then, only if you have it enabled.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

captain_paranoia

I suspect the OP is using the Music Explorer/More Albums view, and clicking on an album, not in his library, and pressing play...

phred

• Global Moderator
I suspect the OP is using the Music Explorer/More Albums view, and clicking on an album, not in his library, and pressing play...
Yes, I agree. And stand corrected about where/how iTunes can play within MB. I had completely forgotten about the Music Explorer.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

redwing

This newer version of MB is taking samples from iTunes store... That is why I was only getting samples... well it is nice to see they are making money now.

Thanks for attempting to help me troubleshoot.  I never had the itunes pop ups within the player till now. My bad for not seeing the marketing laid on top trying to make me spending monkey :)

For anyone who is facing the same problem.  Be very careful the itunes marketing is not showing when you press play.

I think the OP has a point.

@Steven;

Is this part of Apple affiliate program with affiliate commission based on the user purchase?

If so, it would be good an affiliate disclaimer is placed on somewhere every user can see before clicking on the Apple music button.
If not, make it clear it has nothing to do with any affiliate program despite the link button.

Of course, everybody knows you have spent your own money, in addition to your time and effort, for server cost, etc. This is not about how much you (could) make or where to spend but only about transparency.

Steven

• Administrator
yes MB is signed to the iTunes affiliate program although i think it is pretty obvious that clicking on "Get it on iTunes" means the data displayed on the page is from iTunes and clicking the button enabled you to purchase on iTunes store.
I will add either add some text for v3.3 or remove the functionality as it has been worth next to nothing

phred

• Global Moderator
... or remove the functionality as it has been worth next to nothing
For the record, I never use it, and had to be reminded that it existed. Although I sure there are others who use it.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

redwing

yes MB is signed to the iTunes affiliate program although i think it is pretty obvious that clicking on "Get it on iTunes" means the data displayed on the page is from iTunes and clicking the button enabled you to purchase on iTunes store.
I will add either add some text for v3.3 or remove the functionality as it has been worth next to nothing

Let's make things clear. I understand your primary purpose was not earning the commission but providing track information for Music Explorer functionality. And the affiliate program had to be signed up for that purpose.

The link button itself is not necessarily an evil thing. Many users would find it useful and convenient as they don't have to look elsewhere to purchase the music. But what matters here is whether they were fully informed of the whole picture before making such a decision. Some of them might feel uncomfortable if they learn later that compensation was given to the developer (however small it may be). Some may have a doubt about your original intention.

So just place a short and clear disclaimer on the "More Albums" page and forget about it as I think the whole functionality is useful to most users.