Author Topic: MusicBee Windows Volume Setting goes back to max. possible value every restart  (Read 2527 times)

matsche

Hello everyone,

i've been using MusicBee for a while now an really love it.
However there is one problem I find quite irritating.
That is that the volume setting for MusicBee inside the Windows Volume Mixer always reverts back to the maximum value(which is quite loud with my setup) after a restart of the application.
I don't know if this is a problem with MusicBee or with Windows but i can't find a thing on this through Google, so i wanted to ask about this here.
Also I didn't always have this problem, it just started recently and only MusicBee behaves this way.
I use MusicBee through the Windows Store on Windows 10, don't know if that makes a difference.

Thank you in advance for any help  :)
matsche

Steven

• Administrator
Also I didn't always have this problem, it just started recently and only MusicBee behaves this way.
what did you change on your system?

matsche

Hehe, i didn't change a thing, my hardware setup is running for 2 years now, and I also reinstalled Windows 10 recently, but the problem was present before and after. I don't really think its a problem with what I'm doing, since only MusicBee has this problem, either its MusicBee or Windows did change something with some update. If this can't be changed I will live with it. I just thought i ask, maybe someone had the same problem before.

phred

• Global Moderator
I'm going to guess it's something on your system. I've for using MB for almost 10 years and have never seen this behavior. Also, if the problem was being caused by MB, others would mentioning it also, and they haven't.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
If it started happening when you installed v3.2 then i know the probable reason

matsche

If it started happening when you installed v3.2 then i know the probable reason

I'm not 100% sure when it started, since I use the version from the store, but I just installed 3.2 Musicbee normally and the problem is still there.

Steven

• Administrator

matsche

if you are now using the standard MB version and not the store version,
replace bass.dll with this one:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/p45fe25ky1bz8xn/bass.dll/file

Great this works, the volume mixer setting stays even after a restart.
Thank You very much :D
Do I need to do this for every new version now?
Also if you like, could you try to explain what is going on?

Steven

• Administrator
With this version of MB, set the Preferences/Player/output selection to DirectSound and it will retain compatibility with the old DirectSound API using newer versions of bass.dll

https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee32_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing MusicBee files

FallenTF

if you are now using the standard MB version and not the store version,
replace bass.dll with this one:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/p45fe25ky1bz8xn/bass.dll/file

I had the same problem as OP, back in April with Win10 1803, I just ended up going back to my previous player then.

Tested it over the last few days (Win10 1809) and the dll fix seems to work great.

Is there any reason to use the MusicBee32_Patched.zip version if I'm using WASAPI (Shared)? I'm using the latest portable version of MB.