Author Topic: Locate playing track on library automatically  (Read 3685 times)

roietrip

when opening a music file from windows explorer, the file should automatically be located in musicbee's music library and highlighted (like right click --> locate playing track on current tab).

Sarge

Edit|Preferences  > General > file types

do you have a check mark enable musicbee in windows explorer?

roietrip

Edit|Preferences  > General > file types

do you have a check mark enable musicbee in windows explorer?

yes I have.
because I changed the layout and disabled all playlists (read here: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=2613.msg13445#msg13445), when I open a file, even if the file is in the library, it doesn't "jump" to its location on the library, and I think it should be.
I see the first files in the library instead the one I'm playing.

if you don't disable playlist you'll see the "now playing" tab and that's not relevant.

daak_grey

Have you tried ticking
   Edit>Preferences>Now Playing>Highlight playing tarck and follow it in main library (both boxes)?

I would expect it to open as you want then but haven't tried it as I don't have your set up.

roietrip

Have you tried ticking
   Edit>Preferences>Now Playing>Highlight playing tarck and follow it in main library (both boxes)?

I would expect it to open as you want then but haven't tried it as I don't have your set up.

wow... it does almost exactly what I wanted. it highlight the song in the "Now Playing" panel and not in the library but I can live with that.
the "follow" option works good as well.

there's so many options in this great software... :)

thanks!