Author Topic: Display sample rate for radio station streams as for files  (Read 1625 times)

sveakul

MusicBee can display sample rate of music files no problem in Track Information, however radio streams all receive the value "unknown."  Can this info be added for streams as well, which like files may use several different rates (22050-24000-88200 etc.)?

Steven

• Administrator
Its already implemented so can you send me a couple of links you think should be able to show the sample rate.

sveakul

Thanks Steven for the reply.  The first shot is the code I use for the relevant Track Information display line in Now Playing:

Code
<.Ext>, <Sample Rate>, $IsNull(<Bit Depth>,FL,<Bit Depth>)bit, <Bitrate> <Channels> $If(<Lyrics?>="",,"(Lyrics)")

The next shot shows display of all elements as expected when playing an MP3 music file:

The next two shots show 2 playing radio streams, one with a 44.1k sample rate the other with a 24k sample rate;  neither example show either the sample rate ("Unknown") or the channels, which is the case for every stream:

sveakul

Hey great, sample rate displays on all now, thanks for the patch!  One last question:  is it possible to also make the <Channels> value show up as it does for files (see pics from last post) to take care of the last "Unknown" ;)  ?

sveakul

Steven:  just downloaded the latest patch 3.2.6799 and noticed that you added the <Channels> value display for radio streams as well, thank you!  Now I have a consistent display between audio tracks and streams except for bit depth for FLAC streams, and after all this even I am not going to be THAT big of a PITA  ;D

Just want to say how much your willingness to pursue support issues all the way to the finish (when possible!) is appreciated here.  Thanks again.
Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 12:52:41 AM by sveakul