Author Topic: working on files without adding to inbox or library?  (Read 2638 times)

wobbly

i want too add a bunch of files without adding  to inbox or library just to work  on them before adding   i think i have done this in the past but can't remember

here is path d:music/a 

wobbly

i worked it out  auto-playlist = folder  ....  note it just took some time to build  so i  thought it was not working

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Yeah, those playlists are slow because they have to rescan whenever you load them, since the info is not in the library.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

wobbly

well if i add the folder to scan  for new files then  work on  them..  and them remove  at a later date

by unticking the folder   will it remove from library ?

iam thing thing to scan the folder path d:music/a   and then just add a filter for  d:music/a   ?

some input on this would be great

supersonic

No it won't, at least not by unticking it in the Scan folders for new files box, it will however remove them if they are moved out of the 'a' folder and then scan it (so potential solution is close MusicBee > rename 'a' to 'b' > create new empty 'a' folder > then in MusicBee scan > select remove missing files).

Possibly a better potential solution could be install a version of MusicBee Portable to a folder, you could then use that to edit the files instead keeping them completely separate from your library before you want to add them.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
The portable idea is a good one, or you could just make a second library. Moving them out of the folder will just break the links, they won't automatically be removed.

If they're going to end up in your library anyway, putting them in the inbox and using the playlist is probably simplest.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

wobbly

portable idea is a good one, or you could just make a second library.

I might just do that ... was thinking  of a new library after  a  good night sleep

I run the portable version anyway ..

So might just copy  musicbee  folder and make a new library   to keep things nice and clean

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
Why not use the folder browser in the left sidebar/left panel?

I have it set to 'Show Filtered Folders Only', one of which is my 'Music [waiting]' folder that I keep all my new (to me!) albums that I listen to before I decide if I want to add them to my library.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together