Author Topic: Split albums  (Read 4390 times)

Eyal

Hi,

I scanned my albums folders and many of them were split to more then one album.
For example, i had albums with one song missing that was moved to a separate one.
The subfolders structure is - Directory/Artist name/Album folder

In the sorting & grouping i defined that files for each album are organized in their own folder.

I am using Windows 10.

What could be the problem ?

Thank you ! Eyal

Eyal

ma_t14

Would you mind posting a screenshot of how a split album looks like for you? It could be that the disc number or that the album artist tag are not the same for all the album tracks.
Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 10:07:09 AM by ma_t14

Eyal

Thank you, i will send it later today.

Where can i find the disc number ? is it in the MP3 metadata ?

Eyal

OK, Thank you.

What is the reason that the number isn't the same for all the album tracks ?

ma_t14

As I said, a screenshot that shows your settings and how the offending tracks look like would be really helpful.

Mauser69

OK, Thank you.

What is the reason that the number isn't the same for all the album tracks ?
The tags make all the difference in how the albums are displayed in MB.  If it is just one disc in the album, then the disc number should absolutely be the same for all tracks, and that could be your problem.  In fact, for albums with only one disc, that disc number is most often left blank; that way you see the track number as "1" instead of "1-1".  Why is it different?  Who knows - some strange setting in how you ripped the disc?  Or maybe you accidentally entered a disc number when editing the tags on just one track for an album that previously did not have any disc number?

Try this:  Right click on the album, so that all the tracks are highlighted, then select Edit to see the tag editor.  Any field that shows "mixed" has more than one value somewhere in all the selected tracks, and, depending on the display and sort options you used in the MB panel you are looking at, can certainly cause an album to be "split" or to see tracks "missing".  For example, if the album name is changed by just one character, even a space, or the year is different/missing, it will cause the track do be displayed as a separate album.

If you find the problem is being caused by variable tag information that should really be the same for all tracks, it is a simple matter to fix by just highlighting all the tracks where a tag should be the same, then using the tag editor to change them all at one time by entering the correct tag info.  This will bring them all back together in the album display.
Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 04:13:38 PM by Mauser69

Eyal

Thank you for the detailed reply.
I will send also my setting screenshots.
Which screens to send ?
Thank you, Eyal

Eyal

Its ok now.
Problems with the tags.
Thank you all !