Author Topic: Help with upgrade  (Read 819 times)

Fréderique

Hello everybody,

I still have MusicBee 2.4 because when 2.5 came out, I got the message from Steven that some data would have to be re-entered and I was scared that it would change a lot and I wouldn't know how to fix things. Am in overload with so much other stuff already. But I know it's wise to upgrade, so now I'm asking for help as I don't remember what I had to do. Could anyone assist me in that process, please?

Thanks!

phred

• Global Moderator
Download and install 3.2 Update 1 from here
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=24754.msg147687#msg147687

And then get the latest patch to make it current. See my sig.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Fréderique

Thank you, phred, for responding. Much appreciated!

I'm not sure what the patch means. Does that mean that none of my settings will change, so there's no problem anymore? Could you please clarify?

phred

• Global Moderator
Thank you, phred, for responding. Much appreciated!

I'm not sure what the patch means. Does that mean that none of my settings will change, so there's no problem anymore? Could you please clarify?
Steven issues patches to fix bugs or introduce new enhancements. The patches are issued between major releases. And if you follow the instructions (download and unzip to your MB folder and overwrite existing files) it will not change any of your existing settings.

BUT (and this is a big one in your case) since you're coming from 2.4, there WILL be many changes as MB as evolved greatly since the days of 2.4. So you'll have to download 3.2 first (from the link I provided or from the website downloads page.)

You might want to go the first forum topic (Latest Releases) and read what has changed starting with 2.5 and working your way up to the present.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Fréderique

Okay, I will read through the changes and then do the upgrade and patch. Have to find some time. :S
I'll let you know if it worked out okay.

Thank you very much!