Author Topic: MusicBeeLibrary.mbl Stores Some Song Ratings  (Read 699 times)

edcase

Hi, just wondering if this is an intended feature or not?

So finally got around to taking note of my settings and doing a clean install of MusicBee,
since fresh install of windows (new SSD) and misuse of "settings snapshot" left MB no permissions without elevation,
adjusted everything to my liking. All good could use MB as normal... when I noticed hundreds of my ratings had been wiped.

Not all of them, curiously mostly older ones before i changed rating system to include half stars i would guess.
Anyway this left my slightly aghast and puzzled, ratings should be saved in the ID3 Tags?
And they were there since my new SSD install, so i threw in my old MusicBee settings and the ratings were back,
(and also the MB permission problem) so I reverted to the fresh MB settings and the same missing ratings went again.

In trying to isolate the file I copied my old "MusicBeeLibrary.mbl" over to the fresh profile and found my ratings,
so for some reason "MusicBeeLibrary.mbl" contains a bunch of rating info...

I've made playlists of all tracks per rating so i can quickly restore without fear, just thought I would ask.
Sorry to be a bother, thanks for your time.

Update: I am fairly certain that all the ratings effected were imported ratings from iTunes when i migrated.
So iTunes doesn't apply the tag to the songs correctly and when imported MB doesn't actually effect the files I'd wager.
Not sure if that's an interaction that merits change, would possibly be intensive on first load for large libraries?
Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 04:55:47 AM by edcase