Author Topic: crashes after waking display  (Read 958 times)

mindlessbuddha

Windows 10.  All updated.  Current MB. I use the window's store version with auto update.
I leave my laptop on all the time and play MB all day, usually.
I LOVE MB!

I have the display set to turn off after 20min, for when I walk away to do something.
Computer never sleeps.
When I come back, MB is still playing, but as soon as I wake the computer with mouse or key,
MB stops, hangs for about 15 secs, then closes by itself.
I don't see any error message. No error log.
Been doing this for several months now.

Any thoughts?  Need me to post something?

mindlessbuddha

This is still happening.  Does anyone else experience this problem? I leave my laptop on all the time, and MB is usually playing on it all the time. But, if I walk away and my laptop screen sleeps (not the computer, just the monitor), when I wake the computer screen with the mouse or keyboard, MB crashes and stops playing. MB is playing while the screen sleeps, but stops as soon as I wake it. Before, it would crash and shut down. Now, it doesn't shut down, but it stops play and is unresponsive. So, I have to restart it anyway. No error log entries. Nothing. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Not a huge problem, but kinda annoying.

phred

• Global Moderator
"Current MB" means nothing. Please provide the version number. Help > About.

While auto-updates work with the Store version, the updates are -way- behind the non-Store version. I suggest downloading and installing the portable version as it's quite possible the issue has already been fixed. If all is working well with the portable version, then uninstall the Store version.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here