Author Topic: Custom tags thumbnails  (Read 1840 times)

PWN3D_

I have a question regarding custom tags

I have a lot of Games Soundtrack and custom tags are great for me to sort them by Developpers, Editors or even by platforms.

I was wondering if MusicBee can deals with those custom tags like Artist/Album Artist tags, by showing a thumbnails that represent the developpers or editors.

In iTunes i used to just replace the album artist by the developper of the game : for exemple I put "EA Games Soundtrack" as an album artist, a logo of EA appears in the artists list. If i made a custom tag and check the list, the picture beside "EA Games Soundtrack" stay blank.

To resume is this possible for MusicBee to deals with custom tags like they are artist? If no, is this possible to add a thumbnail to a custom tag manually?

Thanks !

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
If you are talking about the thumbnail browser, then you certainly can  :)

right-click the header and select your custom tag

using windows file explorer, locate your "EA Games Soundtrack" image file and right-click> copy.

back on the thumbnail browser, right-click on your "EA Games Soundtrack" entry and select "Paste Artwork"
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

PWN3D_

If you are talking about the thumbnail browser, then you certainly can  :)

right-click the header and select your custom tag

using windows file explorer, locate your "EA Games Soundtrack" image file and right-click> copy.

back on the thumbnail browser, right-click on your "EA Games Soundtrack" entry and select "Paste Artwork"

Hi Bee-liever and thanks for your help  :D

I tried that but it seems it only work with artist or album artist, not custom tags. I can only change the "background" of the header, not the actual thumbnail  :'( The option to paste the image remained gray.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
Hmmm.  Something not working right.
I'll write up a bug report
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

PWN3D_

Hmmm.  Something not working right.
I'll write up a bug report
Ok so that's a bug ? not a missing feature ? That's a really good news if so :)