Author Topic: After moving computers my re-imported playlists are all dead links  (Read 737 times)

Bacchus

Before upgrading to a new PC, I backed up all of my mp3s as well as exporting my old playlists from MusicBee. On my new computer, I was able to successfully restore my library from those backed up mp3s, and I thought, was able to bring my old playlists back from the exported playlists I had saved. However, all the songs within these playlists are dead links. The songs themselves exist within my library and play fine, but when I try to play them through the playlists, MusicBee doesn't know where they are.
I have no idea why this is happening, but it seems to be that MusicBee thinks these re-imported playlists are composed of different files than the re-imported mp3s. Is there any way to restore these playlists without having to start from scratch?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
There must be some difference in the file path between the old system and the new one. You should be able to use "remap music files" to fix it, it's in the File menu
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Bacchus

This is a very late reply, but that did the trick, thanks so much for the help, as always.