Author Topic: Lyrics Only Showing the First Line  (Read 1327 times)

smann

I've noticed this is hit or miss, mostly miss lately... But when adding lyrics in MusicBee, it will only show the first line in the lyrics pane after exiting and reopening the app. If I go to the song on my computer and look at the data, then the lyrics are all there, but MusicBee is not showing all of them.

This seems to only affect adding the lyrics in MusicBee. When manually adding them to the songs on my computer by opening each one and editing the "Lyrics" tab, they all show up properly.

For example, Not Ready to Die by Demon Hunter shows the following:

"You've got a lot of nerve, and I've got a lot of fingers to point" (That's it)

And the lyrics are saved as such in the file after adding and editing in MusicBee:

"You've got a lot of nerve, and I've got a lot of fingers to point{CR}{LF}While you were busy building knowledge, I was already right{CR}{LF}I know a voice like yours is not a weapon at all{CR}{LF}Even mine is not a chisel for a thickened skull{CR}{LF}{CR}{LF}[So you can] chant your anthems to the deaf{CR}{LF}We can sit here and cry until there's nothing left{CR}{LF}We can take our voices with our hands{CR}{LF}Make like knives and make demands{CR}{LF}{CR}{LF}We'll take our voices, with our hands{CR}{LF}We'll make like knives, we'll make demands{CR}{LF}{CR}{LF}I'm burning bridges for the last time{CR}{LF}I'm breaking habits for the first time{CR}{LF}I saw my future today, it said I'm going away{CR}{LF}But I still haven't sung the last line{CR}{LF}{CR}{LF}On my way down...{CR}{LF}{CR}{LF}I'm not ready to lay, I'm not ready to fade{CR}{LF}I'm not ready to die{CR}{LF}Not ready to lay, I'm not ready to fade{CR}{LF}I'm not ready to die{CR}{LF}{CR}{LF}And everyday of my life, I can feel it getting harder to breathe{CR}{LF}With every minute ticking by, I'm getting ready to leave{CR}{LF}I know a life like mine is not a reason to fret{CR}{LF}But I've been busy making scars that you will never forget{CR}{LF}{CR}{LF}Only thirty three years can save my life{CR}{LF}I've had twenty four more to make things right{CR}{LF}So when I'm taken to the sky and you're still here{CR}{LF}You can clear your mind and dry your tears{CR}{LF}{CR}{LF}We'll take our voices with our hands{CR}{LF}We'll make like knives, we'll make demands{CR}{LF}{CR}{LF}I'm burning bridges for the last time{CR}{LF}I'm breaking habits for the first time{CR}{LF}I saw my future today, it said I'm going away{CR}{LF}But I still haven't sung the last line{CR}{LF}{CR}{LF}On my way down...{CR}{LF}{CR}{LF}I'm not ready to lay, I'm not ready to fade{CR}{LF}I'm not ready to die{CR}{LF}Not ready to lay, I'm not ready to fade{CR}{LF}I'm not ready to die{CR}{LF}{CR}{LF}When I'm taken home and you're still here{CR}{LF}Just clear your mind, dry your tears{CR}{LF}We'll take our voices with our hands{CR}{LF}We'll make like knives, we'll make demands{CR}{LF}{CR}{LF}I'm not ready to lay, I'm not ready to fade{CR}{LF}I'm not ready to die{CR}{LF}Not ready to lay, I'm not ready to fade{CR}{LF}I'm not ready to die{CR}{LF}I'm not ready to lay, I'm not ready to fade{CR}{LF}I'm not ready to die{CR}{LF}Not ready to lay, I'm not ready to fade{CR}{LF}I'm not ready to die{CR}{LF}{CR}{LF}Not ready to die"
Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 02:14:06 AM by smann

smann

Just wanted to give an update... After my most recent update to version 3.3, this is now working the way it should be. I think something just got messed up in the original install or so. But I haven't noticed a single issue with any track's displayed lyrics since updating.

I still run into the occasional incorrect lyrics loaded from the web, but I don't expect that feature to be 100% accurate. At least my saved lyrics are spot on now.