Author Topic: Auto-organize library  (Read 1148 times)

Tose1976

I have enabled the first time the option to auto-organize my library. My library is on a SMB share, mounted as drive Z:\. The music files are also on the same drive Z:\, but in a other directory.

I had assumed that "auto-organize" means, that every new piece of music I send from the "Inbox" to the library would also be moved to Z:\library\music\ (where my music files are stored) and the folders, subfolders and files would be created according to the respective template. But that does not seem to be the case. Apparently this only works for new files that appear on the Z:\ drive in a the subfolders. If there is a new file on a USB stick or on the drive C:\, these files become "virtually" part of the library and can also be found there, but they remain on the respective USB stick or C:\Users\<username>\Download\ in the file system.

How can I ensure that all files are always sorted into the library by Z:\library\music\, no matter what the source is?

Tose1976

After checking the settings again, it seems that I have to create individual templates for all drives. Is that really so or is there some kind of a "universal rule" - to rule them all?