Author Topic: (Version 1.8) Spectrogram Panel Plugin  (Read 101936 times)

zkhcohen

If/when I get the chance, I'm planning on refactoring this.

I've learned a lot since I last updated any of my add-ins.

Don't use the Windows Store version, guys.

zkhcohen

1.7.3 released with a fix for a system.overflow exception.

zkhcohen

1.7.3 broke the seekbar.

The new release, 1.7.4, implements a fix.

sveakul

zkhcohen:  just as a follow-up to an issue I was bugging you with way back when (https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=25944.msg157663#msg157663) , my recent upgrade to a new PC and Windows 10 has seen this time-seek bar sync problem vanish and 1.7.4 is working exactly as advertised.  Probably was indeed the classic "Windows 7 thing."

Frunk

diedie2

Useful, but it will still not replace spek that I'm using to check if song is fake mp3 or anything like that because it doesn't show numbers on any of the sides of the spectrum, so i can't guess where it goes above 16 kHz and 20khz.

I think it would be more readable/usefull if it showed a scale 2kHZ/4kHZ/.../20kHZ/22kHZ like Spek does. If you show values like 17226.56 and 20671.88, its normal you think its ugly.
Also using mm:ss as time-format, like Spek, would be nice (perhaps make it optional?)

Seekbar not working atm, but no big deal atm.

rene.cloosterman

Hi, Will this also work for the portable version of musicbee? (it doesnt with mine ;-) )

Regards,
Rene

sveakul

Yes, it works just fine on my own portable version.  Can you be more specific about what exactly doesn't work/show up on yours?

sveakul

I have noticed a major bug with 1.7.4; if two files of the same type (e.g. MP3) and the same Title/Artist--but different bitrates/encoding parameters--are played, the same spectrogram produced for the first one played will not change for the second one, even though the actual graph should be obviously different (and displays so in Spek).

MusicBee 3.4.7601, Windows 10 v2004 64-bit, ffmpeg 4.3.1 64-bit.

FWIW in Properties/Details of mb_Spectrogram-Display.dll, the version still says "1.7.2" instead of 1.7.4, mod date is 3/20/2020.
Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 06:34:13 AM by sveakul

rene.cloosterman

Hi,

I am using the Portable Version of MB, and i am not getting this plugin to work. (even installation fails)
When copying the files to the plugins folder and starting MB, no popup. But the plugin is visible in the plugin screen. But when clicking install, an unknown error uccurs.

My MB folder is located on a D drive (portable)

Can you help?

Regards,
Rene

SonicRings

For some reason, I cannot add this as an element on the Now Playing tab, the one place I'd expect to be able to place this.

Can you please allow it to be placed here? I don't want it cluttering my Music tab nor my Playlists tab, yet they're only tabs that this can be placed on.

MusicBee 3.4.7536 P, Plugin version 1.7.4.
Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 08:34:48 AM by SonicRings

Steven

• Administrator
Can you please allow it to be placed here?
I will look at adding support for plugins in the Now Playing panel for MB v3.5

SonicRings

Can you please allow it to be placed here?
I will look at adding support for plugins in the Now Playing panel for MB v3.5
That would be awesome, thanks a lot Steven!

zkhcohen

I have noticed a major bug with 1.7.4; if two files of the same type (e.g. MP3) and the same Title/Artist--but different bitrates/encoding parameters--are played, the same spectrogram produced for the first one played will not change for the second one, even though the actual graph should be obviously different (and displays so in Spek).

MusicBee 3.4.7601, Windows 10 v2004 64-bit, ffmpeg 4.3.1 64-bit.

FWIW in Properties/Details of mb_Spectrogram-Display.dll, the version still says "1.7.2" instead of 1.7.4, mod date is 3/20/2020.

Sorry! For some reason I stopped getting notifications for this post. Let me see what I can do.