Author Topic: (Version 1.8) Spectrogram Panel Plugin  (Read 101938 times)

zkhcohen

To anyone looking at this thread regarding an integer-conversion crash, that's been resolved and the fixed version has been uploaded.

stardepp

Recently the Spectrogram Panel Plugin no longer shows a top border. How can I restore the top margin?

That's what it looked like with Border:

Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 08:23:28 AM by stardepp

zkhcohen

Recently the Spectrogram Panel Plugin no longer shows a top border. How can I restore the top margin?

I noticed that with a recent update.

Does disabling, restarting MusicBee and re-enabling it not fix the issue?

I might need your settings to troubleshoot.

sveakul

The header displays fine here, using latest mb_Spectrogram-Display.dll mod date 4/29/2019 and MusicBee 3.3.7904.  Using Maya Blue skin from latest Dark Fine-Tuned package.

stardepp, sorry if this is obvious, but did you check that "disable header" isn't accidently selected in the spectrogram settings?

stardepp

but did you check that "disable header" isn't accidently selected in the spectrogram settings?

Yes, thank you for your effort, yes in my settings, this was the check mark in disable header. I have removed and now the top bar is visible again.

zkhcohen

but did you check that "disable header" isn't accidently selected in the spectrogram settings?

Yes, thank you for your effort, yes in my settings, this was the check mark in disable header. I have removed and now the top bar is visible again.

Oh. Huh. I forgot I added that setting to the configuration panel. Too many things on my plate.

Glad it's fixed, lol.

stardepp

All good. Your SPECTROGRAM PANEL PLUGIN makes MusicBee even more beautiful and useful  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Fonetik2003

Okay I followed your read me and even ended up having to create the folder just for the dependencies folder to go into, but the plugin just does not want to work. What am I doing wrong? Is there perhaps some alternative process I need to follow or am I just hosed here?

sveakul

You don't need to create a folder, just extract the whole "Dependencies" folder into the already existing MusicBee "Appdata" sub-folder, the one that holds your MusicBee3Settings.ini file.  What version of MusicBee do you have--Installer, Portable, or (gulp!) Windows Store?  In the Installer version the folder is located at [c]:\Users\[yourusername]\AppData(NOT the same!)\Roaming\MusicBee\AppData.  In the Portable version it's in whatever folder you installed MusicBee into.  The Windows Store version is a horse of a different color.

Of course the plugin file itself mb_Spectrogram-Display.dll goes into the MusicBee "Plugins" sub-folder.

If you are running a 32-bit OS, you will need to replace the supplied ffmpeg.exe in the Dependencies folder with a 32-bit version or the plugin will not display the spectrogram image(see first post).
Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 12:55:22 AM by sveakul

lodiped

I have the Windows Store version installed and I do not see any image. It's clickable but no image. Tried using the 32-bit version of ffmpeg even though I'm on a 64-bit system but it didn't solve it. I'm thinking I'm not in the proper directory. There are almost no files inside the /AppData/Roaming thingy and I'm starting to think it's some leftovers from an older MB installation.

sveakul

Man first thing is see if you can lose the "Windows Store" version, which isn't friendly with third-party plugins that require creating new directories, etc. and you can't even apply manual application updates.  That is due to Windows 10 permission restrictions, not the app itself.  I heartily recommend the Portable version which can be updated, backed-up, and examined/modified at your call.  I'm not dissing the fact that Steven supplied a Windows Store version, it serves basic users nicely and provides an avenue to MusicBee that many would not/could not have taken otherwise.  It's just not ideal for users who want to fully wring out its possibilities.

The Spectrogram rocks.  Don't give up on it.  But do try what I suggested.