Author Topic: (Version 1.8) Spectrogram Panel Plugin  (Read 101941 times)

sveakul

The link in your latest post is producing the following message from MediaFire:

"The key you provided for file access was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on MediaFire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or MediaFire."

zkhcohen

The link in your latest post is producing the following message from MediaFire:

"The key you provided for file access was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on MediaFire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or MediaFire."

Give it another shot. The link is working for me, even in incognito mode.

sveakul

OK, here is what is happening--  this link (update: now removed) is still producing the page indicating the file is not available, but with a big "Download" button below the message that is linked to some non-mediafire url that takes you to a page with it's own download button that wants to install an extension--no way man.   The link on your FIRST post, which is http://www.mediafire.com/file/2633b0bywddf2pm/MusicBee_Spectrogram_1.5.zip/file (different than the other one), does lead to a normal Mediafire download page and result in a download.  So, is the plugin linked on that first post also the one with the newest changes?  If so you should probably delete the "wonky" link in case somebody ends up with an uninvited guest.
Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 03:52:50 AM by sveakul

zkhcohen

OK, here is what is happening--  this link http://www.mediafire.com/file/5q1nciar25f6q2s/MusicBee_Spectrogram_1.5.zip/file is still producing the page indicating the file is not available, but with a big "Download" button below the message that is linked to some non-mediafire url that takes you to a page with it's own download button that wants to install an extension--no way man.   The link on your FIRST post, which is http://www.mediafire.com/file/2633b0bywddf2pm/MusicBee_Spectrogram_1.5.zip/file (different than the other one), does lead to a normal Mediafire download page and result in a download.  So, is the plugin linked on that first post also the one with the newest changes?  If so you should probably delete the "wonky" link in case somebody ends up with an uninvited guest.

Yikes! Good catch. I removed that link. I uploaded it for about five minutes until I realized that fixing mobile support required that I modify some stuff. I deleted that file and didn't remove the link from that post.

sveakul

OK zkhcohen thanks,  I took the bum link out of my reply also.  Have grabbed the plugin now from your first post on page one and look forward to giving your new revision some testing tomorrow!

zkhcohen

Okay, let me know if you encounter any issues! I'm going to be traveling for business the next couple of days, so I don't know if I'll be able to make many changes.

I'm currently looking for a workaround to having two ClassMgrLibrary files while still preserving the ability to use mobile installations of MusicBee.

I'll also implement the ability to use your own installation of ffmpeg, but I want to do that without creating a secondary config file. Unfortunately my current implementation uses MD5 hashes to differentiate between configs (and cut down on image creation), which means if I create another NON-ffmpeg-specific setting, and a user changes it, it could regenerate every single file...

sveakul

1.  Extracted the 2-file contents of the Plugins folder (ConfigurationManagerLibrary.dll and mb_Spectrogram-Display.dll) into the MB Plugins directory, and started MusicBee.

2.  Without entering prefs/plugins, immediately receive message to place 3 files--ConfigurationManagerLibrary.dll, ffmpeg.exe and config.xml--into the MusicBee directory.  Note that the readme says to ALSO put ConfigurationMenu.exe there, so did that as well.  Then, went to prefs/plugins and enabled plugin/save.  Restarted MusicBee.

3.  Went to configure layout and dragged spectrogram entry to bottom of Main panel, where it appears just above the bottom panel player controls.

4.  Began to play a song, no spectrogram is displayed.  Opened the settings panel by clicking in upper left corner, opens fine, saved default settings and option to remove png's on restart.  Still no display;  however, clicking inside the empty spectrogram window does seek through the song.

5.  Restarted MB, still no display. I do get a "Spectrogram images deleted" message upon restart, confirming the setting I made in its options.  Just don't get any visible waveform.  Tried disabling/re-enabling plugin, also removing my Classic Spectrum graphic vis from the right sidebar, still no-go. :(

zkhcohen

1.  Extracted the 2-file contents of the Plugins folder (ConfigurationManagerLibrary.dll and mb_Spectrogram-Display.dll) into the MB Plugins directory, and started MusicBee.

2.  Without entering prefs/plugins, immediately receive message to place 3 files--ConfigurationManagerLibrary.dll, ffmpeg.exe and config.xml--into the MusicBee directory.  Note that the readme says to ALSO put ConfigurationMenu.exe there, so did that as well.  Then, went to prefs/plugins and enabled plugin/save.  Restarted MusicBee.

3.  Went to configure layout and dragged spectrogram entry to bottom of Main panel, where it appears just above the bottom panel player controls.

4.  Began to play a song, no spectrogram is displayed.  Opened the settings panel by clicking in upper left corner, opens fine, saved default settings and option to remove png's on restart.  Still no display;  however, clicking inside the empty spectrogram window does seek through the song.

5.  Restarted MB, still no display. I do get a "Spectrogram images deleted" message upon restart, confirming the setting I made in its options.  Just don't get any visible waveform.  Tried disabling/re-enabling plugin, also removing my Classic Spectrum graphic vis from the right sidebar, still no-go. :(

Refresh this thread then try the new release on the first page. I fixed a bunch of stuff and implemented your idea.

If you continue to have issues with no spectrogram appearing, check the Dependencies folder and ensure that images are being created inside of the "Spectrogram_Images" folder it generates. Let me know if they don't appear there.

sveakul

If you continue to have issues with no spectrogram appearing, check the Dependencies folder and ensure that images are being created inside of the "Spectrogram_Images" folder it generates. Let me know if they don't appear there.

Should I have put the actual Dependencies FOLDER into MB, instead of just the files it contains?  Neither the readme.txt or the pop-up message from the plugin when first starting MB indicated to do that, just to extract the files themselves into the main MusicBee folder.  If so, therein may lie the rub.  I'm rather beat right now so will try again tomorrow, this time with your new release with the fixes.  You mentioned also implementing my user-supplied path to ffmpeg idea, a big thank-you for that!  Will let you know how it goes.  Hopefully we'll get some other testers posting too by then.

zkhcohen

Should I have put the actual Dependencies FOLDER into MB, instead of just the files it contains?  Neither the readme.txt or the pop-up message from the plugin when first starting MB indicated to do that, just to extract the files themselves into the main MusicBee folder.  If so, therein may lie the rub.  I'm rather beat right now so will try again tomorrow, this time with your new release with the fixes.  You mentioned also implementing my user-supplied path to ffmpeg idea, a big thank-you for that!  Will let you know how it goes.  Hopefully we'll get some other testers posting too by then.

On the new release you'll copy the folder itself instead of its contents.

I have this working on a couple of machines ATM. Hopefully it's not a fluke.

Edit: Now confirmed on 3 machines, new and old installations and portable.
Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 07:03:30 AM by zkhcohen

zkhcohen

@zkhcohen, when you revise this plug-in next, might you also be able to enable the hide/display header menu option of the pane within the layout so that the header title word "Spectrogram" can be omitted tightening up the view of the pane with the pane above it?

Thank you for your plug-in contribution!

Hey, here's a copy of the latest version, but if you put a .txt file named "noheader.txt" into the Dependencies folder, then re-enable the plugin/restart MusicBee, the Header will be gone.

I can't seem to re-size it with the header disabled, so this isn't really working and I won't release it...

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ba31bdb8lns5n99/MusicBee_Spectrogram_1.5_-_modified.zip/file

sveakul

Same issue--no image is being generated.  Here is the setup:

1.  "Dependencies" folder with all contents (config.xml, ConfigurationMenu.exe, ffmpeg.exe) placed in c:\MusicBee\Appdata as the pop-up instructed (changed I noticed from last ver. which said to place in c:\MusicBee--assume change was deliberate);  the single file "mb_Spectrogram-Display.dll" from the "Plugins" directory in zip package (which formerly contained two files) placed in the MB Plugins folder.

2.  Plugin enabled, settings set to default.  Window inserted via layout button.

3.  Play file.  No image is generated, although seek works.  No image exists in the "Spectogram_Images" subfolder created within c:\musicbee\appdata\dependencies.  Tried inserting a path to an ffmpeg.exe elsewhere than the Dependencies folder, still no-go.

Is there something in your build like a specific Visual-C dependency??  OS here is Windows 7 SP1 32-bit, with VC redists  2008/2010/2013/2015 installed.  For some reason no PNG is being generated.

Am also using the Classical Spectrum graphic vis, but disabling that yesterday made no difference so didn't do that today.

zkhcohen

Same issue--no image is being generated.  Here is the setup:

1.  "Dependencies" folder with all contents (config.xml, ConfigurationMenu.exe, ffmpeg.exe) placed in c:\MusicBee\Appdata as the pop-up instructed (changed I noticed from last ver. which said to place in c:\MusicBee--assume change was deliberate);  the single file "mb_Spectrogram-Display.dll" from the "Plugins" directory in zip package (which formerly contained two files) placed in the MB Plugins folder.

2.  Plugin enabled, settings set to default.  Window inserted via layout button.

3.  Play file.  No image is generated, although seek works.  No image exists in the "Spectogram_Images" subfolder created within c:\musicbee\appdata\dependencies.  Tried inserting a path to an ffmpeg.exe elsewhere than the Dependencies folder, still no-go.

Is there something in your build like a specific Visual-C dependency??  OS here is Windows 7 SP1 32-bit, with VC redists  2008/2010/2013/2015 installed.  For some reason no PNG is being generated.

Am also using the Classical Spectrum graphic vis, but disabling that yesterday made no difference so didn't do that today.

Hmmm... I definitely think your environment could have something to do with it. Do you have .NET 4.6.2 enabled? What build number of MusicBee are you using?

For reference, all of my test machines are running Windows 10 1809.

The extraction location it specifies is automatically generated  by the MB_GetPersistentStoragePath() API function. If images aren't being generated, my guess is that there's an issue with the Ffmpeg command...

I'll look into adding additional debugging features.

Edit: Just for the heck of it, I tried it on another Windows 10 machine and it works here too. Unfortunately I don't have access to a Windows 7 machine to test on, atm.

Edit 2: It was built in Visual Studio Community 2017. You could try installing some of the later C++ redists.
Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 08:47:59 PM by zkhcohen

sveakul

Latest NET, latest MB 3.3x update.  I think the "bingo" is the Visual C++ 2017, which I as mentioned I do NOT have;  will install that redist later and let you know if it does the trick, my money is on "yes."

zkhcohen

Latest NET, latest MB 3.3x update.  I think the "bingo" is the Visual C++ 2017, which I as mentioned I do NOT have;  will install that redist later and let you know if it does the trick, my money is on "yes."

I would guess so as well. I also have the latest .NET and MB updates. I've also tried it on MB 3.2 a couple of times without any issues.