Author Topic: Repeat play question  (Read 2633 times)

DrTeeth

Is it possible to play a selection of or highlighted titles in the playing tracks list in repeat or shuffle?

Thanks

DrT

Steven

• Administrator
sure - enable the repeat or shuffle button, select the tracks, right click/ Play Now

DrTeeth

Hi Steven,

That is what I have been doing. I have even tried different permutations and none of them make any difference. When the last song in a selection finishes, the next one outside the selection plays. If yoy would like a screencast of what I am doing, I can make one and upload it.

I just discovered the "Queue next" feature and I would like to play all those queued songs to play until I want it to stop. I would be just as happy selecting the files in the same manner, but without using the "Queue next" feature.

Cheers

DrT

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You're right that shuffle and repeat will apply to the whole now playing list. If you want to only play a certain group of tracks, try changing your now playing preferences to a setting that clears the other tracks first
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

DrTeeth

I have had a look at the now playing assistant and do not think that will help as it lists all my available tracks.

My playing tracks list evolves over time from many playlists and other tracks that I have. If I kept on saving my playing tracks list I would be swamped in playlists.

More often than you would think, I just want to play, and repeatedly at that, a few songs/tunes from my current playing tracks list. They are chosen as they just happen to mesh together with my mood and their neighbours. Sometimes I will just go down my playing list an queue 20 or so songs on instinct without giving it too much thought.

That is why I would like to be able to repeat play a selection.

Cheers

DrT

ma_t14

Psychoadept was referring to the "playing tracks list" options found under Edit>Preferences>Now Playing. "Clear list and play selected tracks only" is close to what you ask but then you lose your other playing tracks from the list.

EDIT

After re-reading your use-case I don't think what you describe is currently possible.
Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 02:07:50 PM by ma_t14

DrTeeth

Hi,

Clearing the list is the last thing I want to do. All I want to do, and thanks for pointing me in the direction of the correct "Now Playing" options, is select some tracks from the playing tracks list, without clearing it, and have them play continuously.

Whether those select tracks can be copied to a temporary play list, or have a mini player open with just those tracks playing I am not fussed as to the method of execution.

I really do appreciate all the help offered in the thread so far to this new user. I am learning a lot.

Cheers

DrT

ma_t14

I don't think the exact scenario you describe can be currently achieved from within MusicBee. Feel free to create a whishlist thread for that.

...I am not fussed as to the method of execution.

In the meantime, you could set up to use another (small) player as an external tool and send the selection of tracks to that player.

Tools can be configured under Edit>Preferences>Tools.

DrTeeth

BINGO! That is a sweet work around indeed.

Is there any way to get the new send-to item to the top of the list as it will be used a LOT?

Cheers

DrT

ma_t14

No as far as I'm aware of, but you can set up a keyboard shortcut for it. Under the Hotkeys section of preferences look for the entries that start with "Send To...".

DrTeeth

You sir/madam are an absolute genius. I really appreciate what you have done for me.

Here's a BIG thanks for another warm and sunny day in London (England natch). The weather has been so good lately, it is proof positive that I am in a parallel universe.

Toodle-pip

DrT