Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 933970 times)

frankz

Also, people...
...have family emergencies
...get sick
...get busy
...develop other interests

Boroda comes here when he can and fixes plug-in problems expeditiously when he does. He always has.  Complaining does nothing (except maybe make it more of a chore / annoyance for him to visit the forum).

hiccup

Does enclosing the parameters in quotation marks make no difference?
$TitleCase("<Title>", ,/ - &)   or   $TitleCase("<Title>"," ","/ - &")
Nope, alas.
(and considering what double-quotes usually do, it would have been a bit odd if that would have worked)

phred

• Global Moderator
Using AT&RT 8.0.8794.28564 with MB 3.6.8857 P on Win10.

I have found that the present Move everything after <Custom text 2> from <Tag 1> to <Tag 2> works the opposite from what (I think) it's supposed to do.

This is the of the track:
Sugar Magnolia (Live at Capitol Theatre, Passaic, NJ, June 18, 1976)
I set <Tag 1> to Title and <Tag 2> to Comment.
I set <Custom text 1> to  (       (there's a space before the parenthesis) and leave <Custom text 2> blank.

I expect the result to have the title be Sugar Magnolia and move Live at Capitol Theatre, Passaic, NJ, June 18, 1976) moved to the comment tag.
What I get is Live at Capitol Theatre, Passaic, NJ, June 18, 1976) as the title and Sugar Magnolia as the comment.

Using the exact same criteria, but with the preset Move everything before <Custom text 1> from <Tag 1> to <Tag 2> works the way I think the after present should be working.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Dzib

Hi,

I'd like to remove a specific sentence from the lyrics that is retrieved when I fetch the lyrics from Genius : "See <artist> LiveGet tickets as low as $<price>"
I've tried these regex in advanced search & replace but with no success yet : See <Tag 2> LiveGet tickets as low as \$\d{1,} to be replaced by nothing

Any help ?

Edit: Ok, I realize that I don't understand really how it works, I have to extract first the artist, then the 2nd step is to replace the sentence, correct ?
Is there a help file somewhere on how to use the tags ?
If I write something in <Temp 1>, how to retrieve it after ?

Edit2: Ok, I've managed to do it using "See \@1 LiveGet tickets as low as \$\d{1,}" and setting custom text as the artist name but is it possible to automatically retrieve the artist name ?
Last Edit: April 18, 2024, 03:38:03 PM by Dzib

hiccup

I'd like to remove a specific sentence from the lyrics that is retrieved when I fetch the lyrics from Genius : "See <artist> LiveGet tickets as low as $<price>"
I've tried these regex in advanced search & replace but with no success yet : See <Tag 2> LiveGet tickets as low as \$\d{1,} to be replaced by nothing

Edit2: Ok, I've managed to do it using "See \@1 LiveGet tickets as low as \$\d{1,}" and setting custom text as the artist name but is it possible to automatically retrieve the artist name ?

Does this work?:
Code
See.*(?=LiveGet).*(?=\$)\$\d{1,}
You can test and tweak it further here:  https://regex101.com/r/CWLkl7/1

But I am wondering if this isn't something that would better be solved at the source, which (I assume) is the Lyrics Reloaded plugin?
If so, you could raise it in that topic so that its developer/maintainer sees it?

Last Edit: April 18, 2024, 05:01:54 PM by hiccup

Dzib

It works  :)
I didn't even think that the name of the artist can be replaced by .*  :-[

Thanks a lot

hiccup

It works  :)
Great.
You could even make it shorter, like:
Code
See.*(?=\$)\$\d{1,}
But that could be more risky in the rare case there would be a lyric that has 'See' and '$' in the same line.
(or even in all of the lyric regardless of their position, not sure about that)
Last Edit: April 18, 2024, 05:42:55 PM by hiccup

Dzib

boroda

hi, guys, thank you all for kind words and support. i had very serious problems with my health during last month. now i'm almost ok. i hope i'm back. not sure.

as for all this shit happening in Russia/Ukraine, hopefully i can't be the soldier because of my health. but this is the only advantage of all my troubles.

p.s. two my friends haven't returned from Ukraine. and nobody asked them if they want to fight at all, not to say to fight with Ukraine. i would say that what is happening in Russia and Ukraine (and the attitude of most Russians to this) is very similar to Vietnam war. We just don't understand why this is happening.

-------------------------

i can confirm that updated $TitleCase() function don't work all. i don't know why. i actually haven't tested updated function because its implementation contains nothing unusual. i'll have a look at this issue at near time (not today).

haven't read carefully other bug reports, and if solutions have been found, but i'll reread last posts again tomorrow.

-------------------------

well, latest plugin version:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/odmp6wgn9hg7hfi/mb_TagTools_debug.zip/file

* $LR() function fix
+ New LR preset: Album Grid (album list)
* Some UI/UX fixes

It's prerelease of the version 8.1 not prerelease because new bugs have been found.

phred

• Global Moderator
Thank you for the explanation, boroda, but never feel you need to explain your private life to us. I wish you the best in continued good health.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

boroda

screenshots of new LR preset "Album Grid (album list)":

report opened in browser:

print preview in browser:

of course, as usual you can import html file to, say, MS Word for further editing.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
Boroda resides in Russia and from all reports things are a little bit unsettled there at the moment

as for all this shit happening in Russia/Ukraine

I was referring to the Moscow concert hall attack, but either way I'm glad you're doing OK.

________________________________________________________________________________________

Will try new $LR() function fix and let you know how it goes
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together