Author Topic: WASAPI is not changing sample rate automatically  (Read 1676 times)

thelonius munk

I have the option to use either my audiophile 2496 ASIO driver or WASAPI. The ASIO driver automatically switches sample rates but when I quit MB the audio for Kodi is broken (Kodi cannot use ASIO) and I have to reset the sample rate manually and sometimes even restart the PC to get Kodi to work again.

If I use WASAPI with MB Kodi still works BUT WASAPI won't change the sample rate and I think it's supposed to. Crossfading and resampling are disabled so I don't know what I'm missing unless WASAPI isn't able to change the sample rate and I'm misinformed.

Steven

• Administrator
MB will try to match the output sample rate to the source file. So either the device doesnt actually support that rate or it is mis-reporting to MB that its not supported

sveakul

If I use WASAPI with MB Kodi still works BUT WASAPI won't change the sample rate and I think it's supposed to. Crossfading and resampling are disabled so I don't know what I'm missing unless WASAPI isn't able to change the sample rate and I'm misinformed.

Not sure why you think WASAPI is supposed to change the sample rate.  As Steven indicated,  MB passes the source file's sample rate to WASAPI (assuming you have disabled fading, etc), which by design does NOT change the rate on its own in exclusive mode.  If your audio device does not support the source file's sample rate, either you end up with no audio (depending on the device design) or you end up with the BASS library falling back to 44.1kHz.  It would help to know what sample rate your source files actually contain, and what your audio device's specs say are the rates it supports.