Author Topic: problems with tags...please support  (Read 1691 times)

inter2010

hi guys !
i have this problem...
i have a album in my playlist on musicbee without tags...

i delete this album from playlist and i close musicbee
now i open mp3tags and add all tags for this album (artist,title tracks etc etc) and save it
i close mp3tags and i open musicbee
i drag&drop the album in the same playlist and.....NO TAGS !!!

why ????? :'(  :'(  :'(

please help me !

thanks a lot !

TB Diego

I'm not an expert on the case, but have some questions, answers to which could help you finding the solution:

1. Does this happen only to specific album or to any other tracks as well?
2. Does using tag inspector in musicbee reveal any tags present in the file?
3. Does using windows explorer reveal any tags in the files tagged by MP3TAG?
4. Have you tried converting the format of your files?
5. Have you tried tagging the files via musicbee and not the mp3tag?

frankz

Select the files in MB, right click, Send To->File Rescan

inter2010

thanks my brotha !!!
work !!

doodlepapers

I have the same problem. How is this even possible? Used MB for many years and first time experiencing this.

I noticed that a track was missing from an album, and I searched for the title in MB, but it would not find it. Even searching for the filename would fail. I have auto-import enabled on my music folder, and despite this, and several re-scan attempts, the track does not show up in MusicBee.

I had to spam the track several times by dragging it from my folder into my library and a playlist, and eventually I found it, but it did not have ANY tags. What you suggested helped.

It's still insanely strange because other players like Foobar recognize the tag of the track without problems. This nearly gave me an aneurysm..

I just tried this with a clean MB portable install, and it actually recognizes the tags and all of the tracks on the album. Something must be wrong with the settings file of my main MB installation..
Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 05:45:43 PM by doodlepapers

frankz

thanks my brotha !!!
work !!
Glad to help.

I noticed that a track was missing from an album, and I searched for the title in MB, but it would not find it. Even searching for the filename would fail. I have auto-import enabled on my music folder, and despite this, and several re-scan attempts, the track does not show up in MusicBee.

I had to spam the track several times by dragging it from my folder into my library and a playlist, and eventually I found it, but it did not have ANY tags. What you suggested helped.

It's still insanely strange because other players like Foobar recognize the tag of the track without problems. This nearly gave me an aneurysm..

I just tried this with a clean MB portable install, and it actually recognizes the tags and all of the tracks on the album. Something must be wrong with the settings file of my main MB installation..
I think Foobar rereads the tags each time - MusicBee maintains a library in a database.  If you change the tags outside of MB, you need to rescan the files to update the library database with the new values.

As for the missing file(s), do you have yourself set to put duplicates in your Inbox and, if so, are they in your Inbox?

I don't drag and drop to add to the library, so I'm kind of clueless as to the process or how it works or what could go wrong.  I always import to Inbox and then make any adjustments and then right click -> Send to -> Music Library.  I've found this method to work flawlessly.  That'd be my only suggestion, although I don't know how it would fit into your process.

I also only ever do tagging before importing to MB to avoid tag / library mismatch situations.  Again, don't know how that would fit in anyone else's process, but it works for me and MB seems happy with it because I don't seem to run into the problems a lot of drag and drop adders do.  Food for thought.

I do:
Tag in MusicBrainz + MP3Tag
Import
Organize
Adjust as needed from within MB
Add to Library

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
MusicBee will update tags automatically if the files are in a continuously monitored folder. I usually don't have to rescan.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
Its no problem to check if a file has been updated when its dragged into musicbee again.

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_2/MusicBee32_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee files