Author Topic: Windows Store Version not opening after language selection (English)  (Read 1288 times)

XaserIII

Title basically says it all. I tried to reinstall it (but then again, who knows whether uninstalling a windows store app actually removes all the settings files etc. as well) but it didn't work. It used to work before I reinstalled windows on my PC (due to hardware upgrade).

I prefer the Windows Store App because of the automatic updates.

PS: not using any AV software besides what ships with Windows 10 nowadays.
Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 06:03:17 PM by XaserIII

Steven

• Administrator
open the following folder in windows explorer - the path might be slightly different for you:
C:\Users\<your id>\AppData\Local\Packages\50072StevenMayall.MusicBee_kcr266et74avj\LocalCache\Roaming\MusicBee
and you should see:
MusicBee3Settings.ini

can you send me a link to that file

Steven

• Administrator
I cant reproduce any issues with that settings file. If you are 100% sure you dont have any AV active then I am not sure what can be done to resolve it other than using the non-store version.

XaserIII

I just tried the desktop version, it shows exactly the same behaviour.

To be frank, just testing with the same config file is not a very sophisticated way to debug. Are there any logs that I can look at, or perhaps even dbg symbols for local debugging?

The process just sits in the Taskmanager and does nothing  :-\

XaserIII

Okay, I just gave the portable edition a try, that works... Can you perhaps tell me what files are created by Musicbee so I can clean them all?

boroda

all files in C:\Users\<your id>\AppData\roaming\musicbee, no registry entries are created by mb.

XaserIII

Thanks, but no luck there... I ended up firing up a debugger to see where the problem is. MusicBee gets stuck in a loop somewhere. Because the code is obfuscated, I cannot tell you exactly where, but perhaps these screenshots contain enough "code footprint" so you can track down the bit of code that causes the loop:

https://imgur.com/a/B0xCIkB

Best,
Simon

Steven

• Administrator
That should already be fixed. I submitted a new version to the Windows Store yesterday but it takes a few days to go through the validation process.
However what is confusing is the settings file you sent didnt make any reference to the <Playlists> tag which is what was causing the problem. But the debug screenshot definitely is.

If you are now using the non-store version:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_2/MusicBee32_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee files

XaserIII

Hi Steven,

thanks, that version works. Interestingly, after it finally started up, it asked me whether I wanted to move my music library from my E to my D drive. That change of Drive Letter happend when I reinstalled my PC a couple of days ago. So my current guess is that MusicBee found files of the previous installation somewhere on my PC and tried to use that. Perhaps the portable version doesn't do that and that is why the portable one works?