Author Topic: New to MusciBee  (Read 2803 times)

frankz

See Alot of the mixes i have are not on the internet some are on Mixcloud some are not so the tagging may not work is they no other way you can ADD artist pics and albums without having to TAG?
ADD them to what exactly?  Adding them to the track IS tagging.  Without knowing what's in the file, how do you expect MB to know what to display when it plays it?  Tagging is embedding information about the file into the file so a program like MB can read that information and know what the file is.  It doesn't just know.  You have to tell it.

Now i know how to add artwork what the genre exc is no problem its just i cannot add artist artwork which would be useful cannot add tag by track cause alot of the tracks are obscure the mixes most are off vinyl so majority of the mixes exc will not be able to be tagged?
If you add the artist as a tag to the track, MB will download and display the appropriate artist picture.  I'm sorry, but I'm really having trouble figuring out what the problem is.

It doesn't sound like MB is appropriate for what you want to do or what you're able to do with the files as you have them.

wobbly

if you have .mp3 files  do some of the tagging outside musicbee  i use  tagscanner  may help..... if you have your tags  done right  ..... things will go much better ... set things  like disk # number in the disk tag and set the album name the same for disc 1 and 2

wobbly

all good tagging tools  can tag files  from file names 

Beechedwhale8

nicknack35 give Musicbee a chance for a bit. It really is great. There are a few minor quirks here and there, but the forum members and Steven are very involved and helpful if you just give them a bit of time. I just started using Musicbee too, but I have used many players on Windows and Linux before, and none have been as comprehensive and at the same time pleasant to use as Musicbee. It's really refreshing to use in fact after dealing with other players. Just my take.

LynnNYC

I'm OLD...i've been at this since Napster and Musicmatch Jukebox which i'm STILL trying to find a decent substitute for. By now my files are brilliantly organized and taged by album folders and larger artist folders.  I've just got too much music to do the scan route.  I've got over 100 gigs of music on my laptop and a lot of it is really obscure stuff that i'm not going to be listening to on a daily basis.   It's just too overwhelming to keep it all in the program. I'd like to just add music that i'm interested in hearing at this particular time but i can't find a way to add it by folder. HELP!!  How do you add music by folder instead of track??

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

You can select specific folders when scanning, you don't have to scan the whole drive.

Although with regards to having too much music that you don't want to listen to, I suggest putting it all in your library and using playlists to manage what you do and don't want to listen to. That's exactly the kind of thing they're for.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)