Author Topic: New to MusciBee  (Read 2801 times)

nicknack35

Afternoon all just after little help please how do i add pics to artists and mixes like album i listen to alot of house Mixes off mixcloud exc and want to be able to add the artist pics and pics to the albums  the mixes are over 1 hour had musicbee for while but never really set it up properly

nicknack35

Could somebody please how do i setup MusicBee i know its easy to some but there is that many options its confusing is they a link how to set this up please?

nicknack35

Think im going to Ditch this look for something else support is poor and really is hard to setup to many options without much help setting up

phred

• Global Moderator
Think im going to Ditch this look for something else support is poor and really is hard to setup to many options without much help setting up
"Support is poor" because you are impatient. From your first post to your last was about four hours. There is no customer support staff for MB as it is -FREE- and there is -ONE- developer who works on MB is his spare time and asks for nothing in return. If you took the time to search the forum and looked at the Wiki, you might find some answers. Every one here on the forum is a user. About 18,000 users are registered on the forum. And the users try to help out other users who are new and/or have questions. If you want 'instant' tech support help, you should indeed go find another application.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

nicknack35

This does indeed look a decent Media by looking at what others have set there's to and i appreciate what the developer has done id be more then happy to support what he does and donate for what he does but its not a easy setup for newbies like myself and looking around the forum there is not much help either its easy if you know how

Electrorocker

I can only agree that the on-line Guide for Music Bee is rather poor and seems to have a number of parts missing.  :'(
The alternative leads you to this Forum where your questions are eventually answered by somewhat condescending 'experts' who talk down to you as if you were a five year-old. They simply don't seem to realise how difficult such a complex program is to set up and use with such poor support, especially if you are not a software engineer and simply want to listen to your music.
I really pity Steven at this point to think that all of his hard work can be undone by such a small group of idiots.

Steven

• Administrator
I couldn't disagree more. As far as I am concerned the forum members here are really helpful and I doubt you will find many sites with this number of active volunteers who help out. Also the wiki documentation was done mostly by one person who put a lot of time and effort to get it to the point its at now, and it is very useful for the parts it does cover. I sometimes feel people are very entitled about what they expect.
However MusicBee is not going to be suitable to everyone and there are a ton of simpler players available, so if you find it too complicated then its probably best to move on to another player that might be better suited eg. iTunes for all the derision it gets should be OK.

nicknack35

This player does look Excellent its just trying to get your head around the options it offers a youtube guide would be very helpful for beginners the Work you have put in steven is nothing short of Amazing. Like Electrorocker says the online guide is rather poor i know its free so you can't expect to much in the way of 24/7 support

nicknack35

Could somebody tell me please how to get artist pictures please on my left panel it says unknown artist but when i right click it there is no option to add artist pic its really cinfusing the hell out of me im thinking its more stress then its worth great looking media player but need degree in setting it up with very poor help and poor online help thanks all shame looks really good

frankz

They simply don't seem to realise how difficult such a complex program is to set up and use with such poor support, especially if you are not a software engineer and simply want to listen to your music.
I really pity Steven at this point to think that all of his hard work can be undone by such a small group of idiots.
I would love to see the post where the person "simply wanted to listen to their music" and wasn't helped in doing that.  This is not an issue of people "simply wanting to listen to their music"

People here (No, I won't speak for people here - I'll say "I") get frustrated when new users download this free software, want to do these incredibly complex or complicated things with it, want each of us to spend our time trying to figure out what they're talking about and what they're trying to accomplish while absolutely refusing to invest any small amount of time learning the basics of the program or even reading over their post to make sure it would make sense to people reading it and trying to figure out what they're asking.

"Entitled" is a very good word to describe it.   Maybe I'm just from a different time when people would discover something like MB, get curious about it, and then investigate it on their own, looking for help when they had specific stumbling points and understanding that, in order to help them, they would have to put in some work to make sure the person on the other end would know what they are actually asking.

I used to try to pry the necessary information out of the person and wind up getting very frustrated in the process and probably letting that frustration show, but now I just skip these posts.  I guess I'm not the only one, because they're going unanswered more and more. This thread in an example.  I read the OP, couldn't make heads or tails of what he or she was asking, and moved on.

The cost of MusicBee isn't monetary, it's the price of your time trying to figure it out.  It is a necessary price to pay, though.  And it's well worth every second you put into it.  If you're not willing to spend this amount of time, then I agree with Steven here MB isn't for you.

I wouldn't have even posted this except it seems like phred is getting attacked, and that's not fair considering the amount of work he puts into this site and this community.  It's also not fair to attack the Wiki author for his work.  The Wiki is editable by anyone.  If you know enough about MB to know something on the Wiki is "poor" or out of date, you know enough about MB to update that section with information that isn't "poor" or out of date.

Could somebody tell me please how to get artist pictures please on my left panel it says unknown artist but when i right click it there is no option to add artist pic its really cinfusing the hell out of me im thinking its more stress then its worth great looking media player but need degree in setting it up with very poor help and poor online help thanks all shame looks really good
It says unknown artist because whatever track it is isn't tagged with an artist.  That is a catch-all for tracks that aren't tagged with an artist.  If you tag the track with an artist, then that artist will show up in the left panel with a picture.

nicknack35

Thank you FRANKZ  for the reply Im really sorry i may come across dumb but i would like to learn MB it gets frustrating trying to sort it out as you know i guess we was all new to this at one time. How do you tag a track with an Artist please

frankz

Thank you FRANKZ  for the reply Im really sorry i may come across dumb but i would like to learn MB it gets frustrating trying to sort it out as you know i guess we was all new to this at one time. How do you tag a track with an Artist please
I'm sorry if you think I'm saying you or anyone else comes across as dumb.  You don't come across as dumb.  You come across as lazy and unwilling to research, but not dumb at all.

Here's how you tag:
http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Tagging

Quoting from the excellent and detailed help provided at that link:
"You can open the tag editor for any track or group of tracks by selecting them, right clicking, and choosing "Edit" from the menu. There is also a hotkey for this command (Shift+Enter by default)."

You will see this:

This is where you enter your tags.

nicknack35

See Alot of the mixes i have are not on the internet some are on Mixcloud some are not so the tagging may not work is they no other way you can ADD artist pics and albums without having to TAG?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You can always tag things by hand, or paste artwork into the track itself.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

nicknack35

Now i know how to add artwork what the genre exc is no problem its just i cannot add artist artwork which would be useful cannot add tag by track cause alot of the tracks are obscure the mixes most are off vinyl so majority of the mixes exc will not be able to be tagged?