Author Topic: No TagTools.PropNamesErrorLog.txt found...  (Read 1212 times)

WimYogya

Hello,

Retagging all my classical tracks after a big mess I get a warning without result.
Some tags seem to be duplicated - and I am advised to check details at TagTools.PropNamesErrorLog.txt
But that file is empty.

Earlier I had a similar experience with errorlog.dat - which is still ongoing: it is always empty.

How to make those files 'active'?

And how to check which tags are duplicates?
Thanks!

WimYogya
retired Dutchman (1944) in Yogyakarta, Indonesia

boroda

no, not tags are duplicated. *tag names* are duplicated. tag tools plugin requires that all tag names must be unique. its mb localization issue. what localization are you using?

WimYogya

Hi Boroda,

I use English, not sure if it is any type like -US or -UK. Never changed the default.

And as far as I know I do not have duplicated tag names.

But even IF I had, why am I being sent with a warning to an empty tagtools text file???

Wim
WimYogya

boroda

hmm... this file must *never* be empty (even if there were no actual errors). try to uninstall plugin completely and reinstall it from scratch. here is latest version (ignore word 'debug' in filename):

http://www.mediafire.com/file/dsesv2xpleo924k/mb_TagTools_debug.zip/file

WimYogya

Hi Boroda,

Thanks for the update and link.
But...
Not sure what I must do after unzipping the link...

Not very familiar with this stuff.

Also:
1. If I reinstall, do I keep my personalized ASR jobs?
2. Or can I export them and re-import after installation?
3. I also keep having a complete empty text file when I try to open help error file. Related?

Thanks,
Wim
WimYogya

boroda

1st make backup of '<mb appdata>\asr presets' folder to keep your custom asr presets. then go to edit> prefs> plugins and click 'uninstall' button next to tag tools plugin. close mb and delete all files/folders from 'musicbee\plugins' folder, which (files) exist in plugin .zip. unpack all files from downloaded .zip to temp folder on desktop, then move them to 'musicbee\plugins' folder. copy backed up 'asr presets' folder to <mb appdata> folder.

if plugin continues to throw error message, check access right for <mb appdata> folder.

boroda

3. I also keep having a complete empty text file when I try to open help error file. Related?
no.