Author Topic: Spectrum visualizer issue  (Read 12474 times)

redwing

That's fine.

I found another issue regarding spectrum visualizer. If artist info is placed above it, it disrupts its behavior for some artists.
Just PMed a TM view I'm working on.
Play Adele or Sia's song and open Artist info panel. While scrolling, you'll notice it's overflowing the element block.
My guess is it has something to do with the bio source as to why it's happening only with some artists.

Also look at Celine Dion's artist info. It shows only the first half. Now Playing tab and Music Explorer show it fine.

redwing

Thanks! It's fixed.

But Celine Dion's artist info still shows only a half. Also Sia's bio ends abruptly.

Steven

• Administrator
i am not seeing any issue with either. Could you post a screenshot so i can see what you mean?
I might also need the actual bio text files as well

redwing

Just tried fetching Celine Dion's bio again, and now it looks fine.

Regarding Sia,
if you change
autoHide name="#ArtistInfo" xAnchor="Panel.55"
into
autoHide name="#ArtistInfo" xAnchor="Panel.5"
then it works fine.
But with Panel.55, I can't really see the last line even by dragging the scrollbar with mouse, not to mention scrolling the mouse wheel.
Can you reproduce it?

Steven

• Administrator
it works fine with both values.
Could you send me the bio file for sia just so i am sure we are looking at the same data

redwing

First one is the last part I can see via scrolling,
Second one is the last part I can see via dragging the scrollbar with the mouse.

Steven

• Administrator

redwing

Sorry but no differences for me.

Just checked some artists starting with E, and it happens with a number of artists: Eric Carmen, Eric Clapton, Etta James, Eva Cassidy.

redwing

I think the scroll bar doesn't take into account the reduced width of the panel.

Steven

• Administrator
the scrollbar is included in the calculations. There is a bug handling the "&" character but the Sia file doesnt have that character in it

redwing

Can you take a look at Eva Cassidy? I was trying to give a little more width to the panel gradually to see how it works and just giving a little more fixed many artists, but she is an exception requiring a lot of width to display properly.

redwing

Got it. It's about the length of the last paragraph. If it's short, no problem displaying. But if the length of the last paragraph is beyond the entire size of panel, it fails to show the last few sentences properly.
Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 09:04:48 PM by redwing

Steven

• Administrator
Yes i agree the issue is with the last paragraph but for me the behaviour is quite different. In any case I should be able to figure it out