Author Topic: What would need to be done to make 2 way sync work across devices?  (Read 2154 times)

EuroMIX

I'm not super literate when it comes to MTP devices, but I'm curious if there's a way to sum up what might need to be done/changed in order to make syncing play counts work.

Considering how lacking many music players are on handling play counts, or at least supporting syncing them, I'm almost at the point where I want to try and understand why, and maybe even look into developing a compatible "MusicBee Mobile" style app that supports the way MusicBee handles tagging and such, adding in stuff like support for Mood and Occasion as well.

vanhoivanbinh

Two way sync is a must here
It make music experience smoothly between PC, phone and web
Key options
sync back playcount from Last.fm. This cannot work if your track information does not match between MB lib and last.fm data. So sad
Sync back rating from Phone to PC, this is easy option in Apple devices.

Varick

EuroMIX, if you actually developed a compatible MB Mobile app, that not only synced play counts, but synced ratings as well AND synced songs into playlists via mobile app, I would be indebted to you until my dying day.  I'm still trying to find something that does those three things (or two or even one).  I would also name my first child after you even though an American with name Euromix would be odd.

V

vanhoivanbinh

EuroMIX, if you actually developed a compatible MB Mobile app, that not only synced play counts, but synced ratings as well AND synced songs into playlists via mobile app, I would be indebted to you until my dying day.  I'm still trying to find something that does those three things (or two or even one).  I would also name my first child after you even though an American with name Euromix would be odd.

V
I am in.
Really hope one day the simple Mobile app will be released