Author Topic: Musicbee not locating missing files  (Read 3222 times)

themak

So I have musicbee setup that when music is imported - it first goes to inbox (files stay in current folder) - then I can tag, modify, add to playlists and then finally move to my library (files now organized by MusicBee).  This works well, for the most part except for playlists.

Once I move to library, the playlists now have missing music files - I thought it would be as simple as selecting the files - and having musicbee locate them - especially since they are already in the library - but musicbee doesn't find anything when it searches.

Am I doing something wrong - am I approaching this the wrong way?

Many thanks

sveakul

Once I move to library, the playlists now have missing music files - I thought it would be as simple as selecting the files - and having musicbee locate them - especially since they are already in the library - but musicbee doesn't find anything when it searches.

If your playlists consist of files already in your library, why are you importing them to the Inbox?  The Inbox is designed for holding files that aren't yet in the library.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
MusicBee should be keeping track of the file location once you add it to a playlist, but only if you move it from within MusicBee. How are you adding them to your library?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

themak

If your playlists consist of files already in your library, why are you importing them to the Inbox?  The Inbox is designed for holding files that aren't yet in the library.

I am not importing files that are already in my library - they are files in a folder unrelated to my library - I import them to inbox - but the files technically are not a part of the library while in the inbox (they stay in their same file location).  I make all my changes, including adding to play lists, then I select the files and choose "Move to library".

themak

MusicBee should be keeping track of the file location once you add it to a playlist, but only if you move it from within MusicBee. How are you adding them to your library?

Scan folders for new files function.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
That's to get them into the inbox, or to move them to the library?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

themak

I wanted to chime in about this again.  All my files are imported into my library - however some of my playlists (which were created in itunes and imported in) have broken file paths.  Is there an easy way to have these playlists tracks match with my library tracks?