Author Topic: Lost album cover artwork  (Read 4736 times)

mikeprince

I'm using the latest Windows Store version of MusicBee. I had a few album covers missing so I decided to "Reset Artwork Cache". Unfortunately I've now lost all album covers and can't seem to get any back! This is at least in any main panel display which just shows "No Cover Art". Artist thumbnails are ok.

Tools > Artwork > Downloader says "Image already downloaded" for all my albums. If I select them anyway and Execute, MusicBee takes several minutes for "Processing" all albums, but still the image don't display.

Tools > Artwork > Album Artwork Manager shows that pictures are embedded for all tracks. If I select the "No Artwork" filter nothing is displayed, so MusicBee clearly thinks it has the artwork, but is just not displaying anything.

Preferences > Tags (1) > artwork storage has "embed picture in the music file" and "copy to the same folder... Cover.jpg" checked, this is set to be displayed, and in "Edit List" I have tried "Rescan Artwork".

Help would be appreciated!

Cheers
-- Mike --
Cheers
-- Mike --

mikeprince

Does anyone have any ideas?
Cheers
-- Mike --

wobbly

can you see the artwork in windows explorer   ?  have a look and  see if the  artwork is in the music folders also..  use a tagging tool to see if the artwork is embedded

mikeprince

Whilst there is no separate artwork image file e.g. Cover.jpg, in Windows explorer using a tile or icon view I do indeed see the album artwork, so it is embedded.

MusicBee shows the album cover on the Artwork tab of the edit track panel. It seems to only be in the MusicBee main panel views that should show album artwork that they are not displayed.

Cheers
-- Mike --

redwing

I had a few album covers missing so I decided to "Reset Artwork Cache".

You should have rescanned the artwork rather than reset the artwork cache.
Go to Preferences> Tags (1)> artwork storage> Edit List> Rescan Artwork.

Rescanning files will also make them reappear, but this command is much faster as it only scans artwork.

mikeprince

Yes, I did that as well but it made no difference.
Cheers
-- Mike --

redwing

Does the album artwork manager show the embedded artwork correctly?

mikeprince

Yes. They all show as embedded and the artwork is displayed correctly here.
Cheers
-- Mike --

redwing

Select an album> right click> Send to> File rescan.
Does that makes any differences?
Also try different views for the main panel.

mikeprince

No, that made no difference either. Any main panel view that should show album artwork has the same problem.

I tried changing the artwork storage preferences in Tags (1) to have no options checked at all, rescanned artwork, then checked the various artwork options and rescanned again. Still no change.

Unfortunately, short of a reinstall, I think I've tried most things now  :(
Cheers
-- Mike --

redwing

Then file a bug report. It could be a store version-specific issue.

Steven

• Administrator
can you post a screenshot of your artwork retrieval settings in the "Edit List" dialog window

Steven

• Administrator
and if you open the first track of one of the problem files in the tag editor/ Artwork click "Save To", what location does the picture say?