Author Topic: Synchronize Playlists to Android does not synchronize the playlist file itself  (Read 5697 times)

Axesh

Hi Guys,

I'm new to MusicBee and i'm trying to move my whole library from iTunes to MusicBee.
Main goal is to get a synchronization running between MusicBee and my Android phone.
So far so good i got all playlists imported, but I'm struggeling to get the sychronization running as expected.
Instead of copying the music files and the playlist file (e.g. *.pla), only the music from the playlist has been copied via the synchronize button.
The playlist file itself will only be copied if if drag'n'drop each playlist from the library to the mobile device inside MusicBee.
Because I have a bunch of playlists, that is not the way is should work in the future..., so it would be nice if the playlist has also been copied to the playlist directory (even if the directory is missing, MusicBee is recognizing that and pops up with a warning that the directory will be created, but in the end, there is no directory an no playlist file on the device.

Are my expectations wrong, or do I have something misconfigured, or is it a bug in the current version?

Help is really appreciated.

Thanx.

Mauser69

I have been syncing a lot of playlists with various external devices, SD cards, etc (including an Android phone), and I always get the playlist included on the external device.  In fact, I think that is an object that you can even specifically select or de-select in the sync configuration screen.

So it sounds to me like you do have something configured wrong.  Reply back if you cannot figure it out and I'll connect a device and take a close look at the sync options i am using.

Axesh

yeah, i tried also M3U with and without relative paths, but that does not make any difference. There is no playlist file on the device.
But i need the pla files, because the music app on my Sony Xperia only operates well with them. M3U does not work.

Tomorrow i will add some screenshots of my configuration (I'm currently on another machine), hopefully there is something wrong configured which i didnt recognize.

Axesh

Hi Guys,

so, as promised, i couldnt solve the problem, but i think i'm one step closer.
I also tried a normal USB Stick, and on this one, the playlist file will be created.
So its probably not a MusicBee prob, more likely a prob between MusicBee and my Z3 compact.
I also tried to change the path where the playlist should be exported (yellow marked on next screenshot), but this button is doing nothing when my Z3C is connected.
On the USB Stick, i need to change or set the path over this button, to be able to save the playlist via sync.

So, thats my setting for my Z3C von Sony:

and my normal preferences for the lib:

So, whats preventing MusicBee from accessing the directories or open the list of directories of my mobile device?, copying files to the device is not a problem.
I think, if I could solve that, then i can set the path for the playlist and the all the *.pla files will be created as expected.
Any ideas?

Do you need more screens?

Thanks in advance.

phred

• Global Moderator
- What version of MB are you using?
- Can you see the device's directories from MB's computer node?
- Does the path 'playlists' exist on the device?

Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Axesh

Hi phred,

- I'm using version 3.1.6590
- No, the directories are only visible under the device node (also tried a different Android device and a USB-flashdrive, all same)
- The path already exists, but when I change the path, or delete it, MB will recognize that and brings up a exclamation mark that says that the directory will be created, but on my Sony Xperia Z3compact, that will not happen... as long as I have the box ticket at "sychronize music" (with 2 active filters).
If I untick these box, and do the sync again, the playlists will be copied, to a new or existing folder.
I'm confused..., I thought that both (music and playlists) are possible. That is the way it should be, or?

Additional: the "..." button didn't worked on both android devices, like on the USB flashdrive where the "find directoy" system-dialog will open up.

phred

• Global Moderator
Yes, music and playlists should be copied from MB to the device.

The only suggestion I have at this point is to update to 3.2. See my sig.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here