Author Topic: Allow us to use two fields for comparison  (Read 1335 times)

c-Row

Due to a hiccup while bulk-editing tags I ended up with a lot of entries where the Artist field's content is different from the Artist:Artist field. I wanted to use a smart playlist to find all tracks affected but unfortunately smart playlists only allow to compare a field's content against a fixed string but not the contents of another field.

Any way this could be added to a future version of MB?

frankz

FYI you could create a filter to do this.  I use one to find songs where the title is the same as the album to try and get a handle on singles I have in my collection where I'd like to "obtain" the album when released.

c-Row

But how can you set another tag field for a comparison? As far as I can tell filters work just like smart playlists.

frankz

I forgot a step that I had completed to get the filter I'd referenced above, and that is creating a virtual tag that meets the criterion (Edit->Edit Preferences->Tags(1)->Define New Tags).  It was a long time ago.  Sorry.

So, for my example, I created a T=A virtual tag with the formula $If(<Title>=<Album>,y,) which puts a y in the tag for any track where the title matches album name.  Then I filter on my new Tag (T=A is y)

c-Row

Oh, that's a nice solution indeed. Thanks for the suggestion!